Hypothetical ODI draft

#5 is too low for someone like Miandad who took his time to get in. You have to play him at 4.

The Hakeems pick the wizard himself. A guy who average 22 with bowl, at a strike rate of 32 and a meagre economy rate of 4.

Any guesses? Yes it's

SAEED AJMAL

saeed-ajmal-ap_m-fb.jpg

He played a part in 45 matches where Pakistan successfully chased a total in ODIs and finished not out in 20 of them. Average 66. Not too shabby :dhoni

Exactly :afridi also, not to be too controversial, but I would take him over Mahendra Singh "let's tuk tuk Pakistan out of the 2019 WC" Dhoni any day.

I was wondering at the start of the draft whether Ajmal will be allowed considering his action issues. But no worries. Hussey will take care of him.

I was wondering at the start of the draft whether Ajmal will be allowed considering his action issues. But no worries. Hussey will take care of him.

Thats what Hakeems intend to do with opposition batting, 5 down by 20th over.

1- Rohit Sharma
2- Shane Watson
3- Virat Kohli
4-
5-
6- Jos Buttler
7- Lance Klusener
8-
9-
11- Michael Holding

Hakeems ODI Eleven

3. Ricky Ponting (C)
4. Kumar Sangakara (WK)
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Shaun Pollock
10.Saeed Ajmal

The best duo at #3,4.
If skipper decides, Symonds may as well bat at #5.
One of the best AR and power hitter at #7
Class Bowling AR at #8.
And The spin wizzard Ajmal at 10.

Looks like [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION] is gone for sleep.

You should pick Chahal and Pandya too before someone goes for them [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION]

Btw do you guys really think that Michael Bevan can bat at number 6 or 5 in modern day ODI? His career strike rate ain't that great.

Also, why is no one picking Imam-ul-haq? He has the fourth highest ODI batting average of all time :imam

Btw do you guys really think that Michael Bevan can bat at number 6 or 5 in modern day ODI? His career strike rate ain't that great.

Yes, I think so. All greats can adapt to the situation as required. Bevan was a great finisher - his game awareness was unreal.

Yes, I think so. All greats can adapt to the situation as required. Bevan was a great finisher - his game awareness was unreal.

He didn't have the power game though, so I don't think he would have been able to keep up with the rate. But yes he had great game awareness.

Small bats etc. Had a better strike rate than most other batsmen. Also batting first it was 80ish - he tempered it chasing so he always got Aus home

Think I can play Watson at #5 or #6 too. He played at #7 in WC 2007 with a SR of 170+ without getting dismissed even once, as an opener in WC 2011 and floater in WC 2015. Gives me choice to pick either another opener or a middle order bat

He didn't have the power game though, so I don't think he would have been able to keep up with the rate. But yes he had great game awareness.

Maybe you need to watch this innings

He plays according to the situation

Decided to play Watson at #6

1- Rohit
2-
3- Kohli
4-
5- Buttler
6- Watson
7- Klusener
8-
9-
11- Holding

For those who didn't picked spinners here are some good spinners you can pick

Richie benaud
Jim Laker
Bill O Reilly

For allrounders you have

Keith Miller
Mike Procter.

I pick the captain of my team, <B>Sir Clive Lloyd</B>. He will bat at the position he batted most, at 5 and will bowl some harmless medium pace as well.

My team

2.Jonny Bairstow
3.viv richards
4 Jaques Kallis
9.Saqlain Mushtaq
10.Joel Garner
11.Waqar Younis

Back