ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Final | Ahmedabad | 19 November | India innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1700158545772.png

The highly anticipated finals of this world cup will feature a clash between the two standout teams of the tournament. India holds a clear advantage with some outstanding performances through out the tournament but at the other end Australia is also riding high on an eight-match winning streak. This encounter is set to become a thrilling and pivotal moment in the entire event.

When: November 19, 2023, 2:00 PM IST

Where: M. Narender Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad

Squads:

India Squad: Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ishan Kishan, Shardul Thakur

Australia Squad: Pat Cummins (captain), Steve Smith, Alex Carey, Josh Inglis, Sean Abbott, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc.

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Last edited:
Will be close match....if pitch is batting than match can go either way..if it helps for spinners than india will have upper hand.

You have to think Australia need to bat first and rack up 350+ otherwise it is game over

Dew factor considering batting second might be a good option but don’t want a 2003 repeat.

20 years old revenge.

This time India are undefeated while Aussies pose the challenge.

20 years old revenge.

This time India are undefeated while Aussies pose the challenge.
There is no concept of revenge. That was different team. This is different team. That was an ATG Australian team. India just lost to a better team.

India would have preferred SA in final. Australia is dangerous Final side. Like a cockroach that never stop coming back..
They did lose to INdia in quarter final in 2011 world cup thanks to clutch performances of Yuvi, Raina while chasing.

If both teams play their best cricket, India will maul this Aussie side, doesn't matter batting first or second. Man to man the gap in ability, skills, form is too vast, only 2 players from their XI can make it to Indian XI and I am being generous. But have to say Aussies will always be mentally tougher than Indians, so that can tilt the game in their favor. If India doesn't take too much pressure, if India doesn't mentally capitulate because of crazy expectations this will be like one of the 1999/2003/2007/2015 finals, but this time Australia on the losing side.

Gill and Shami love the Ahmedabad pitch.
Before world cup i was predicted that gill will win the world cup for india as he will definitely perform in knockout games .had he not injured he would have scored around 120 against NZ but now he will score a match winning innings in the grand finale to stamp the next future super Star of indian cricket.

The discipline with which Starc and Hazlewood bowled today was in stark contrast to waywardness with which Siraj and Bumrah bowled yesterday.

If OZ are at their best, India will find it very difficult to beat them
Cummins is the weak link in bowling he always goes for runs against India

Couldn't have asked for a better match up for the final. Felt Australia troubled us in the opening game and their blip was temporary, and now we get to face them in the last and most crucial one.

We've got the most decorated cricketing nation to beat as the final boss. Can't wait, just don't see anything but a close encounter in this one

It’s like 2017 CT Final scenario. Bharat is a better team once again but Australia batting first scoring a big total could make things tricky.

It’s like 2017 CT Final scenario. Bharat is a better team once again but Australia batting first scoring a big total could make things tricky.
Nah its like 2003 world cup but Team roles is reversed now .
Australia were unbeaten in 2003 world cup and india lost only to Australia in league stages .
India team are unbeaten in this world cup and beat Australia in league stage .

THE GRAND CELEBRATION ON 19TH NOVEMBER...!!!!

- Closing Ceremony of the World Cup.
- Indian Air Force will perform an air show.
- Bollywood stars will attend the match.
- PM Narendra Modi will attend the match

THE GRAND CELEBRATION ON 19TH NOVEMBER...!!!!

- Closing Ceremony of the World Cup.
- Indian Air Force will perform an air show.
- Bollywood stars will attend the match.
- PM Narendra Modi will attend the match

Wow!

Just imagine Aussies winning it. It would spoil the party then.

Australia will definitely win
They are mentally much more stronger

It's no coincidence that this Indian team has not won a SINGLE ICC tournament in 10 years
Always losing crunch matches with their fake superstars flopping

If Australia bat first and make 300- game done and dusted

It's no coincidence that this Indian team has not won a SINGLE ICC tournament in 10 years

If Aussies score 300+, they should win it.

Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins, and Zampa are experienced big match players.

Your wish will fulfill just wait for 3 more day when India lift the world cup .

In every India match thread he comes expresses his "wish" and passes it as "destiny" lol Poor guy has to depend on other teams to beat India since his team can't do the same :)
I always believe in staying neutral and watching the game.

I've made it clear I'm an Australian and NZ supporter but I never disrespect other teams for winning.

So if India wins they deserve it for being the strongest team in 2023 and well played.

It's very annoying to see pakistani fans living on cloud 9.

I remember before the asia cup everyone was saying winning asia cup for Pakistan would be a walk in the park and then acted shocked at the results.

People need to learn to be humble and enjoy the game. It'll be better for their mental health overall.

I just hope we dont have to defibrillate you that day back to life.

I always believe in staying neutral and watching the game.

I've made it clear I'm an Australian and NZ supporter but I never disrespect other teams for winning.

So if India wins they deserve it for being the strongest team in 2023 and well played.

It's very annoying to see pakistani fans living on cloud 9.

I remember before the asia cup everyone was saying winning asia cup for Pakistan would be a walk in the park and then acted shocked at the results.

People need to learn to be humble and enjoy the game. It'll be better for their mental health overall.

Especially it is comical when someone ridicules a finalist when his own team did not make last 2 finals that they were involved in. It is almost like mentally strong teams won't make final, but fizzle out in first rounds. :ROFLMAO:

Especially it is comical when someone ridicules a finalist when his own team did not make last 2 finals that they were involved in. It is almost like mentally strong teams won't make final, but fizzle out in first rounds. :ROFLMAO:
BTW I'm one of the few who disagrees with India chocking tag.

People throw chocking around randomly and don't know what it means.

Chocking means losing a game from a winning position.

I honestly don't see how ct 2017, 2022 t20 wc, or the previous games were chockes.

Only the West Indies game was a choke.

The real chockers are SA lol.

India lost on those days cause they were outplayed and putmatched, which doesn't seen to he the case in 2023 as atm their playing perfect cricket.

it was always destined to be Aus vs Ind, though personally I wanted SA as an easier opponent.
Against Aussies, you need an extra special innings from someone, in addition to a general good performances from everyone.
need Jazba on top of a garba.

India too strong. I see them batting first making 350-400 and bowling out Australia for around 200. I hope I’m wrong, and Aussies show up on the day.

It likely won't happen, but would be fun if Ashwin popped up in place of Siraj. I reckon Siraj can go for runs against the Aussies.

Australia are mentally stronger and they proved this in the WTC final.

I expect Steve Smith to deliver again on the biggest stage.

India are an overrated team and got lucky vs Australia in the group stage. Marsh won't drop another catch like that again.

If Aussies win this It’s a huge upset in my eyes, India 10/10 ran through everyone, playing at home. If India lose this somehow they’ll never forget this.

Glad the aussies won. If there's one team that aussies are scared of, it's India. That's especially the case if played in India. Each of the Indian batters comfortably play Aussie bowlers and Indian bowlers know how to bowl against Aussie batters.

P4P India are the superior side. If both teams play their best cricket, India will cruise it.

But Australia are mental giants, they've got bottle built into their cricketers DNA. So I have it 60-40 in Australia's favour.

Australia are mentally stronger and they proved this in the WTC final.

I expect Steve Smith to deliver again on the biggest stage.

India are an overrated team and got lucky vs Australia in the group stage. Marsh won't drop another catch like that again.

What did they do in 4 test series which they lost? WTC final has nothing to do with mental giants. India just went with poor team and also preparation was pathetic. They went right after IPL. Australia won 2015 world cup. Failed in 2011 and 2019. Most recently 2022 home world T20 they didn't even reach semi final. We are judging current Australian team based on the invincible Australian team of 2000s. If you look at teh stat they put up bare minimum performance to reach semi final. Struggled against Afghanistan if Mujeeb had held on to the simple catch their mental strength would have been exposed. Even today they were choking. Just that SA choked even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one of those dheet supporters who supports the team till the end even while losing unlike some of the fair weather fans that we see nowadays. Time to wrap up the tricolor and bleed blue this Sunday cheering the team until the end at our local club, India .. India.

How's the josh?
How's the josh?
This is coming home guys, come to daddy.

Hoping for a cracker of a final where Sharmaji ka beta lifts the cup in front of 100,000 fans at the stadium and billions of bhartiyas worldwide. Confident of our boys and the way that we are playing .. bring it on.

India is the stronger team, utterly Australia has the advantage of mentality

Mouth watering final where strong unbeaten Indian team have a upper hand….

Rohit Vs stitch
Kohli Vs Hazlewood
Iyer Vs Zampa
Warner Vs Bumrah
Head Vs Siraj
Maxwell Vs Shammi

2019 defeat avenged against kiwis now hope the 2003 finals defeat will be avenged. AUS have shown some chinks in their armour when playing against AFG and SA with the batting collapses. But the only thing that works in the Aussies favour is they know how to win finals while this has been our Achilles heels since winning the CT 2013. But after breaking the KO jinx against NZ, IND hopefully will break the trophy ICC winning jinx as well.

Will Steve Smith play the knock of his lifetime in this game?

No way australia beats this team, they're in the form of their lives right now.

If rohit doesn't get you Kolhi will. If they don't get you an in form Iyer will. If you somehow avoid good scores from all three KL will stitch something together.

Then when you bat, If bumrah doesn't get you shami will. If the pacers don't get you, kuldeep and jadeja will. There's no letup.

Nice. 2003 final remake. But Australia as underdogs.

Yes Australia huffed and puffed to quite a few wins this time, but 8th WC final appearance is crazy though either way. They harnessed Qudrat Ka Nizam better than Pakistan.

India winning will be a boring end to the story. So I will back Australia. Wish our brother Usman Khawaja was here to participate.

Based on India’s streak this WC, it will be Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar.

Australia cricket team can defeat India cricket team.

They cannot defeat ICC, BCCI, pitch curators and the Indian team.

This WC was rigged from day 1. A farcical tournament where nobody else stood a chance.

Thank God we have the leaked emails.
When India lost the 2016 t20 WC held in India everything was fair. Ironically it was at Wankhade and India lost the toss too so no questions about toss too at that time. But now when India does well suddenly all sorts of conspiracy theories sprout from pitches to balls to toss.

Ok, lets accept it for a moment that this was rigged from day 1. Was the 228 run defeat that India handed over to Pakistan and the 49 run all out against SL in Asia Cup rigged too?

India have tried out 50 players in 66 matches since 2019 WC. In the process while we lost a few series against teams like West Indies and Bangladesh another team played the same XI against Nepal. Netherlands and Zimbabwe becoming no. 1 too. Bumrah, KL and Iyer were out for months due to injury and they went through a thorough rehab and came back fully fit.

If your team cannot play like India thats not ICC or BCCIs problem. Only an impotent guy will be jealous of a guy living happily with kids.

Nice. 2003 final remake. But Australia as underdogs.

Yes Australia huffed and puffed to quite a few wins this time, but 8th WC final appearance is crazy though either way. They harnessed Qudrat Ka Nizam better than Pakistan.

India winning will be a boring end to the story. So I will back Australia. Wish our brother Usman Khawaja was here to participate.

Based on India’s streak this WC, it will be Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar.
If SA had qualified for the final, though I would be dissappointed I would still be happy if they won as an Indian fan. But cannot bear Aussies winning a 6th time. Even if the final was between Pakistan and AUS I would support the former so that the latter doesn't monopolize WCs.

May the best team win. I don’t mind who wins. India are slight favourites and playing top quality cricket but Australia are serial cwc winners and have the know-how to win finals.

I want to see a great final match, high scoring final and team batting second winning by chasing it!

brendon mccullum was hot form in 2015 World cup before final same like Rohit Sharma .but one Yorker by Starc was enough to won the game for Australia, so hope rohit doesn't do same mistake McCullum did.

brendon mccullum was hot form in 2015 World cup before final same like Rohit Sharma .but one Yorker by Starc was enough to won the game for Australia, so hope rohit doesn't do same mistake McCullum did.
Rohit's style is live by the sword die by the sword. So failures are bound to happen. If he succeeds it will give India the perfect launchpad and if he fails then Kohli will be the anchor and Gill will take the role of aggressor. Rohit has the luxury to play like this as he knows Kohli will hold one end up (even if it means scoring at a slightly lesser s/r than usual) while others around him up the ante.

Rohit's style is live by the sword die by the sword. So failures are bound to happen. If he succeeds it will give India the perfect launchpad and if he fails then Kohli will be the anchor and Gill will take the role of aggressor. Rohit has the luxury to play like this as he knows Kohli will hold one end up (even if it means scoring at a slightly lesser s/r than usual) while others around him up the ante.
Rohit can Play attacking cricket but not slog everything .just give respect to good bowls and attack when Bowl are in the zone . Attack with defence is right approach .gill and Rohit need to play first 10 over and give india a great platform.

Rohit can Play attacking cricket but not slog everything .just give respect to good bowls and attack when Bowl are in the zone . Attack with defence is right approach .gill and Rohit need to play first 10 over and give india a great platform.
So far he hasn't slogged at everything. You hardly see him swing wildly and miss it. Its either defensive shot on a good ball or a deposit in the stands if in right slot. Since Gill has comeback against Pakistan they have played off 1st 10 overs at 8-9 runs per over in atleast 5-6 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back