New Zealand v Pakistan | 1st Test | 07/01/11 | Hamilton | Day 1 : Session 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gul and Rehman are bowling very nicely. Does :misbah know Hafeez can bowl??

They must have 'surkhab kay par'. :p

Nope ... they simple know how to bowl an excellent line and length to remove one of the best batsmen in the game while our Wahab Riaz is clueless of what bowling is all about in a test match. Cant even get the basics right.

He tried, but batsmen were finding him easy to spank.
I say continue with Gul and Rehman.

his figures read 2-1-4-0

I dont think its a "spanking". Gul needs some rest, world cup is coming and i am sure we dont want him injured/exhausted before a WC. (t20 wc could have been a lot better with him there)

Kane looks a really good batsmen. Think he scored his ton on debut in India. Need to pressure both of these two early on.

125k with absolutly no movement at all. So this is what Pakistan have to offer after Amir and Asif?

mann...commentary for this match so very subdued lifeless and pathetic...i just can't stand their whispers and weird jokes

125k with absolutly no movement at all. So this is what Pakistan have to offer after Amir and Asif?

Theres nothing in the pitch

Asif would have been the same in such conditions

You need pacy bowlers to extract something here

So where are all the pessimistic crybabies who were having a go at misbah for electing to bowl first?

I wish Junaid Khan was playing. We need some pacy bowlers. Tanvir ahmad is harmless.

So where are all the pessimistic crybabies who were having a go at misbah for electing to bowl first?

To be honest, this is a very flat pitch, we have been lucky to get at least 3 of the 5 wickets.

I will wait for Pak batting before declaring this pitch as flat.

I criticized him for doing that!

I still think it was a bad decision, three of five wickets were either batsmen's fault or luck.

abdur rehman is a decent prospect...if and when saeed ajmal is available...it is better if they play both of them and drop tanvir ahmed...

any umar akmal fans here...he was mind blowing in his last tour to the kiwi land...

his figures read 2-1-4-0

I dont think its a "spanking". Gul needs some rest, world cup is coming and i am sure we dont want him injured/exhausted before a WC. (t20 wc could have been a lot better with him there)

The batsmen weren't defending against him, playing shots that were going straight to the fielder while Rehman was forcing them to defend in the other.

Tanvir is getting that reverse in, but hes not pacy enough to trouble the batsmen

the fielder at short leg stood up too soon...9/10 times ppl take catches like that at that position :)

where's Afridi our FAST bowler??? he's quicker than Uncle Tanveer Ahmed

That was a regulation take dropped by Ali, should have been taken.

Tanvir getting it to reverse but he is too easy to face ... should give the ball to Gul

I can't believe Tanvir ahmad has been given the ball straight after tea. Gul is best bowler by far, he should be given a go.

There's still time for them. A lot of good players have been very rash early in their careers.

rohit will have to play out of skin to sneak into our line up now...umar akmal i feel needs to be groomed under a certified level 3 coach who has enough knowledge about batting

According to this picture Younis Khan is wearing own trousers in first test vs New Zealand:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zeal...=473921;page=1

Come on BOOM BOOM sort out this unprofessionalism - I know the players do not always train in official kit which is also wrong but at the very least on the pitch they should all be wearing official kit. Here Younis Khan is wearing CA trousers.

cricinfo
Peter Carroll: "I have a sneaky suspicion you're are posting every comment, so I'm going for it!! mum, dad I've got something to tell you." I'm not, and have that chat with your parents.

:)))

YK always wears a funny hat

This is probably the funniest hat I've seen a Pakistan player wear :D
Wore it for a good cause though , (Jane McGrath day)

112140.2.jpg

Last edited:
on an unrelated note 'Steyn Gun averages 19 with the ball against India and 30 against Pakistan............so much for famous batting line-up' :))

gul
wahab
ajmal
rehman

could serve the purpose in kiwi land...pitches there are no more green mats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back