New Zealand v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Wellington | 18/1/11 | Day 4 | Session 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightrider

Local Club Regular
Runs
Lunch - Day 4 score - 106/0 (30.0 ov)

New Zealand lead by 86 runs with 10 wickets remaining

need to pull our socks up and get stuck in here.

first truly bad session we have had in the series, need to show some backbone and fight back.

I read all the complains about slow run-rates, Pak playing for a draw, and I am fine with it. Its not the first time a team is doing something unpleasant to win the series. At most, Misbah will be fined like 10% of match fee but he would be able to say that he won the series.

first truly bad session we have had in the series, need to show some backbone and fight back.

this what im sayin their not showing no heart ,cowards
"may the eyes of cowards never sleep"Khalid bin walid r.a

It seems like our players were expecting a washout today, but woke up to a nice weather. totally effortless performance. They are obviously still waiting for the rain.

I hope Misbah and Waqar give them an ear full. Need wickets here.

people need to stop overreacting here.

OK the had a bad session, it isn't the end of the world.

NZ are a loooong way from victory just yet, we just need to be more on the ball.

as for the over rate stuff, what rubbish.

This match has draw written all over it. Dont see NZ winning at all

It seems like our players were expecting a washout today, but woke up to a nice weather. totally effortless performance. They are obviously still waiting for the rain.

I hope Misbah and Waqar give them an ear full. Need wickets here.

You are assuming that Misbah and Waqar are not the master minds behind this defensive strategy. In my opinion it is a deliberate negative mindset especially if you consider the slow over rate

people need to stop overreacting here.

OK the had a bad session, it isn't the end of the world.

NZ are a loooong way from victory just yet, we just need to be more on the ball.

as for the over rate stuff, what rubbish.

I am not saying NZ will win from here, but the attitude needs to change after lunch.

We've bowled 25 overs out of the 30 w should have completed in the first session. The ball was changed twice so that accounts for about 2 overs. Not really that far off.

They need ANY reason to bash Pak. Most of them Against Pak apart from Bumble and Nasser.

Nah don't think that is the case - Mark Ramprakash always says positive things about Pak Cricket but he is making some valid points and concern about their attitude.

We've bowled 25 overs out of the 30 w should have completed in the first session. The ball was changed twice so that accounts for about 2 overs. Not really that far off.

7-8 no-balls as well.

comms trolling for the sake of it.

I am not saying NZ will win from here, but the attitude needs to change after lunch.

Agreed. What is there to loose with the approach we have had throughout the series. Be positive and you shall get positive results. Further it would be the opposition under pressure, but I guess it would not be us if we did things the easy way

1 bad session - i'm fine with, it can happen with any team any time. but the bigger concern is whether this was a planned strategy. If it was a planned strategy to bowl slowly, try and defend, not really come out attacking looking to get them out, then thats a big issue.

Agreed. What is there to loose with the approach we have had throughout the series. Be positive and you shall get positive results. Further it would be the opposition under pressure, but I guess it would not be us if we did things the easy way

Exactly, Lets see what happens after Lunch.

Nah don't think that is the case - Mark Ramprakash always says positive things about Pak Cricket but he is making some valid points and concern about their attitude.

Trust me yaar I have been following this series they praise new zeland too much especially that other guy they keep talking like New Zealand are in command all the time.

Maybe Ramparkash is exposing his indian side

I read all the complains about slow run-rates, Pak playing for a draw, and I am fine with it. Its not the first time a team is doing something unpleasant to win the series. At most, Misbah will be fined like 10% of match fee but he would be able to say that he won the series.

I am sick and tired of CrapInfo commentary regarding slow over rates. India has been fined many times over this issue.

New zealand cant win but Pakistan can definitely collapse and give NZ a win,

In my opinion, the test match result depends on the next session. If i was Misbah, I would try to decrease the run rate of Nz so the likelyhood of a loss is limited. I would approach the session with packing the off- side field with fielders and keeping a few slips and tell the bowlers to bowl an off- stump line. I believe this tactic would decrease the run rate and also would perchase Pakistan wickets as a team like: Nz is bound to give in to the pressure and try to score runs and will play a rash shot. Some may this is a negative captaincy but it should be given a try as Pakistan need to win this series at any costs.

On the other hand, if this doesnt work then Misbah should take a more attacking option by bring the fielders closer and off the boundary as this will limit Nz boundarys.

P.s.- posting on Pakpassion after ages...salaam everyone!

We've had 2 shocking sessions in a row now, which has brought the match back into balance now

Can someone recap the drop catches?

One at silly midoff, one at point, and Tanvir's caught and bowler (not really a chance)?

read on the first page what i suggested...they should have gone to defensive field

There are 4 players in the deep for McCullum for Rehman, how much more defensive do you want?

Can someone recap the drop catches?

One at silly midoff, one at point, and Tanvir's caught and bowler (not really a chance)?

yes, pretty much.

was a poor effort from Rehman IMO, he should have done a lot better.

Impressed by Ramprakash as a pundit btw. Very good views.

Waqar should have given this lot the hairdryer treatment.

Rehman can go over the wicket and bowl in those rough patches. It will be very difficult to score off him.

Right thats my yummy midnight dinner complete, just caught up on the comments.

I personally think the team has lost that urge and confidence they have shown all series, reason being is the horrid day they had yesterday where 1 mistake by the umpire took the game from their strong hold to level terms, maybe they have given up and know that they are playin against 13 players and will not have anything going for them.

This session was poor because bowling has not been that tight, extra's have been given and runs have also been leaked and no wickets taken. But the 1st session always starts off from the batting team in control, believe me Pakistan will now come back after lunch and build pressure, I don't know if this will be a win for Pak or draw but I know they will come back strongly after lunch...

Which is just about to commence now, remember New Zealand can also easily go from 106-0 to 250 ao and thats wot am banking on, New Zealand 250 ao and Pak set 220 to win on the last day.

This is the crucial session now which will decide which way the game will go.

not a great start 4 - a maiden would have set the tone of the session.

Guptill hittttttttt

Gul running his fingers through those blonde locks. :gul

I'm sure the Kiwi commentators will take this stoppage into account when they once again moan about the over rate.

Pak pacers should tuck in their shirts, look like a bunch of gunday mawwalis right now.

I'm sure the Kiwi commentators will take this stoppage into account when they once again moan about the over rate.

I hate the commentory as its all based on: Nz team.

Its all about the english commentators- they are class.

Especially Nasser, Bumble.

Pak pacers should tuck in their shirts, look like a bunch of gunday mawwalis right now.

The way they look is how their bowling at the moment.

Have been very disappointed with the bowling so far.

AR a little too fast for me....need to toss it up and slow it down

' Bowl the magic ball, magic ball'

Yoself!

Well Daan very well Daaan

Is he the best and loudest akmal behind the stumps we have had hehe, very entertaining. You can't help but feel sorry for the batsman and the fielders next to him

Am liking the approach after lunch.

Gul= very agressive. AR= defensive.

Stop the no balls...damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back