Pak Vs SA: Test 3: Day 2: Score Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
arsal_pakfan said:
ITs a shame how we compare a Inzi or a Yousuf or a Younis Khan to the likes of Javed Miandad,Hanif Mohammed or a Zaheer Abbas!!

those were really gr8s in true sense & used to score runs in all sorts of pitches around the world & against all types of bowling attack..the ptiches in that era were really difficult specially in Australia,England & Westindies..these haven't done anything as substantial to be compared with them !!

so you were around then and saw all those knocks to compare properly did you?

I don't know how much it'l help the seamers but all asif needs is a little movement which is obviously there. After that its upto kaneria.

We just have to bat out of our skin for now.

150 will be a cakewalk for South Africa....& its too long to think abt 150 at the moment

130 is more likely

South Africa won the game the time they got Inzi out!

134/7

We need another 60-70 runs from somewhere.

ITs a shame how we compare a Inzi or a Yousuf or a Younis Khan to the likes of Javed Miandad,Hanif Mohammed or a Zaheer Abbas!!

those were really gr8s in true sense & used to score runs in all sorts of pitches around the world & against all types of bowling attack..the ptiches in that era were really difficult specially in Australia,England & Westindies..these haven't done anything as substantial to be compared with them !!

Inzamam, Yousuf and Younis are not the problem. They carry the batting. But they won't succeed every time.

The problem is the others. It is a 3 man batting line-up!

dog_again said:
Hey don't tell me, tell Dale.

Another drop. Come on lads, put them out of my misery.
It might not work, Sami is a SUPER bat. Just watch, a 50 is on the cards.

if the tail can muster another 50 ...then it's 50/50 ....kepler says 180 ....but's he's arrogant....

right now if they out for 130 or so....you have to say South Africa shouldnt lose....

theres no point in playing the way they r doing at the moment..they should look to score boundaries & move the score!

arsal_pakfan said:

!!
Easy to say that AFTER players have retired - belive me, even the greats had stinkers on an off day!

2 more to the total.

Harris' dramatics are quite annoying. This guy should be on the stage.

i swear if sami gets his 50 today i will do my all to make sure he gets the pakistani mbe or obe

right...they may as well go for the runs....if they play like this they will eventually get a good one and it will all be for nothing...

if we win this without pollock , S.A will take a lot of confidence...he has carried us for so long..

Saj said:
2 more to the total.

Harris' dramatics are quite annoying. This guy should be on the stage.
The grunting is reminiscent of a Sharapova or a Seles!

What you guys think ? Is Harris any good ? I don't think so , but S.A are desperate for a spinner. ...

is it me or has steyn got a really funny way of walking? its kind of like a waddle

ggm said:
Inzamam, Yousuf and Younis are not the problem. They carry the batting. But they won't succeed every time.

The problem is the others. It is a 3 man batting line-up!

spot on - the openers are the real problem

Asalaam alikum Wr Wb Brothers;

What the hell happened ?? i have just switched on the tele and pakistan are 134/ 7 !!!!! none of the batsmen stood out with responsibility ??? tell me how they got out ?

Sami and Nazir are showing moe guts, determination and application than our openers. That is no joke, that is fact !

Harris is a decent find for SA, they needed him. Should hold on to him for a while..

Saj said:
Sami and Nazir are showing moe guts, determination and application than our openers. That is no joke, that is fact !

I think we have found our openers.

Ill try and be positive for next 24 hours. I belive we can win this :) even with a target of 120 :)

come on boys......less than 130 !!!!!

oh man.....i can see S.a like 20 for 4...then 130 is going to be a nightmare!

arsal_pakfan said:
Sami is really the last slimmer of a hope..Asif & Kaneria wont do much with the bat
Kaneria has been a revelation with ther bat in recent tests.

I am sorry i don't rate dale steyn at all as a good bowler and he has taken three important wickets ?!!!

Sami and nazir showing some grit, guts and determination. They are putting better application and higher price on their wicket.

Harris is no Warne/Murali, but he's better than Boje/Giles.

A bit of experience he could be Vettori-ish. Needs to work on his fielding and batting, though, does those like a club hack not an international.

Nauman said:
Ill try and be positive for next 24 hours. I belive we can win this :) even with a target of 120 :)
Denial! I prefer you to be negative:)

Dont discount Asif, he just refuses to get out :D

But i hope he doesnt have to come out for a while yet.

Bilsher007 said:
I am sorry i don't rate dale steyn at all as a good bowler and he has taken three important wickets ?!!!

Sami and nazir showing some grit, guts and determination. They are putting better application and higher price on their wicket.
Steyn's a good prospect. He'll get better with time.

see boys...off the pad...caught....no big histionic appeal !!

come on now..admit it...us saffers are nice !

:p

1 more to Nazir to deep long on

27 vital runs so far from the 2 bowlers.

the_game said:
I can give you my blades if you want, Nauman.
I had them I used them to shave instead, nothing will stand in the way of my new found positive attitude, not even Oxy.

Some lovely shots being played combined with solid defence.

Keeping it simple.

guys the india windies match is much better
samuels and smith are battering the indians

hehe good partnership....hope it continues for long.....add 50 more runs..than 50 more...than 50 more :D

250 will be ideal target :))

saffer said:
see boys...off the pad...caught....no big histionic appeal !!

come on now..admit it...us saffers are nice !

:p
Well the bat was in another continent at the time - no where near the pad:)

150 is looking very possible now...

kallis ...

interesting side note...sanex..a shampoo company hired kallis when he was young as a spokesman....i'm not using sanex anymore...

Oh for frigs sake, Smiff brings on Kallis instead of Ntini.

Someone tell him that Christmas was last month, time for gifts is over.

on a serious note...just play the same sensible way for another half an hour or so & we might get to a respectable target!

gambino said:
guys the india windies match is much better
samuels and smith are battering the indians
I'd much rather my team win then India get battered...

arsal_pakfan said:
hehe good partnership....hope it continues for long.....add 50 more runs..than 50 more...than 50 more :D

250 will be ideal target :))
My goodness, you're so silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back