[VIDEOS] Pakistan to host Champions Trophy 2025

Guys another reminder, it's not a SAARC or terrorism thread so enjoy it but plz refrain from irrelevant stuff.

Yes because one particular community has been pushed and marginalised to such an extent with brazen institutional support that they simply want to survive than fight back against dehumanisation
How do you know that?

Fix your own rape issue first.

One Brazilian lady got raped by 7 rapists. Ask BIMARU men to apply cold water.

Rape issue in India seems far more severe than any other South Asian country (along with toilet shortages).

Don’t be a know it all.

Rape issue in India seems far more severe than any other South Asian country (along with toilet shortages).
You are Bangladesh, not a south indian that you get to have a superiority complex over the BIMARU states because you are as bad as them lol

Or maybe the actual insecure ones hide behind the keyboard and are terrified at the thought of someone from their own looking upto a superior race?
Says the brave keyboard warrior who believes in the Nazi and Apartheid concepts of superior race

CT should go ahead in Pakistan, if India can’t then its BCCI problem, one can’t keep waiting for the country to tour.
I agree with this.
India should not send it’s team coz it is a big risk, we can adopt a hybrid model or not even participate, both works.

Non participation is very difficult though, coz most of the cricket fanbase is from India only, and tournaments are about money, so it will probably be a hybrid model

I agree with this.
India should not send it’s team coz it is a big risk, we can adopt a hybrid model or not even participate, both works.

Non participation is very difficult though, coz most of the cricket fanbase is from India only, and tournaments are about money, so it will probably be a hybrid model
First relevant post after a great while in this thread.

"First world countries have toured Pakistan so India should have no issues in touring..🤡"

"No no we don't care about the fact that we have fought 4 wars against them, our ruling establishment considers them our mortal enemy whilst having a history of arming and sending terrorists to kill their civilians" 🤡

As dumb as it gets...

With every post you are showing your hate for North India especially Gujarat.

The crowd chanted slogans, that happens in big matches .

On the other hand teams have actually withdrawn from Pakistan(nz), just look at their political situation, easy to know that the country is unstable and no one from India would be comfortable in going there.
One can judge your lack of sincerity and attempt to lie by saying teams have actually withdrawn and taking NZ’s name. NZ withdrew and afterwards paid Pakistan penalties, and then toured Pakistan. And they are touring them again in a few weeks. That totally trashes your false deceptive country being unstable logic completely. If a first world country feels safe, third world country like India has no excuse. Everyone knows it. Your attempts at justifying it from a security angle are laughable and clownish.

One can judge your lack of sincerity and attempt to lie by saying teams have actually withdrawn and taking NZ’s name. NZ withdrew and afterwards paid Pakistan penalties, and then toured Pakistan. And they are touring them again in a few weeks. That totally trashes your false deceptive country being unstable logic completely. If a first world country feels safe, third world country like India has no excuse. Everyone knows it. Your attempts at justifying it from a security angle are laughable and clownish.

There is absolutely an excuse not to come. Pakistan is an enemy state to India - not New Zealand , Australia or England.

"First world countries have toured Pakistan so India should have no issues in touring..🤡"

"No no we don't care about the fact that we have fought 4 wars against them, our ruling establishment considers them our mortal enemy whilst having a history of arming and sending terrorists to kill their civilians" 🤡

As dumb as it gets...

More than happy if India does not want to come but at least dont be absolute cowards when you do it and hide behind the petty pathetic excuse of “security”. If you want to be a badmash then own it. But i guess i might be expecting too much honesty from folks like you. I say try it, dont come. Try it please.

There is absolutely an excuse not to come. Pakistan is an enemy state to India - not New Zealand , Australia or England.
Why did you invite an enemy state to play in your country last year? Thats rather strange that you are happy hosting an enemy state, making a superbowl spectacle out of the match you have with them with all the concerts and hungama and with all your VVIPs attending it. This screams hypocrisy and idk why you guys engage it with so heavily on an internet forum as if you were government of india employees working here to toe some sort of an “official line”. Embarrassing and cowardly.

Why did you invite an enemy state to play in your country last year? Thats rather strange that you are happy hosting an enemy state, making a superbowl spectacle out of the match you have with them with all the concerts and hungama and with all your VVIPs attending it. This screams hypocrisy and idk why you guys engage it with so heavily on an internet forum as if you were government of india employees working here to toe some sort of an “official line”. Embarrassing and cowardly.

I merely said you cannot come up with dumb statements like "If it's good enough for the West , then it's good enough for India". It's not.

Also, India is safer than Pakistan for touring sports teams than Pakistan is.

I merely said you cannot come up with dumb statements like "If it's good enough for the West , then it's good enough for India". It's not.

Also, India is safer than Pakistan for touring sports teams than Pakistan is.
You make zero sense and you have made zero attempt to try to understand the logic behind if its good for the west, its good for India. And i believe that this is deliberate and you are doing this because deep down you know how much of BS your own excuse is and its nothing but hypocritical and cowardly.

From a sporting sense, India not playing won't make an iota of difference in the final outcome, as the last 10 years have shown. India will make the knockouts comfortably and lose in a tame fashion, no matter who the opponent is. With other teams, at least the knockouts will be intense and full of intrigue. With chokers India, there will be no intrigue as any child can predict the outcome beforehand.

The greatest sports nation Australia wins every second big trophy yet don't do this kind of drama. India can't win zilch, but want to boss others because the 1.4 billion Indian public have made them rich, not because India has brought anything innovative in the sport. Even all the technologies and inventions come from England and Australia.

Sad to see so many Indians blindly defending anything India related, as if they are getting paid for their efforts. Blind nationalism does that I suppose.

Respectfully , I don't think performances have anything to do with how we treat PCB ?
You make zero sense and you have made zero attempt to try to understand the logic behind if its good for the west, its good for India. And i believe that this is deliberate and you are doing this because deep down you know how much of BS your own excuse is and its nothing but hypocritical and cowardly.

I never even supported the excuse, lol But you wanted to get a sly dig in by calling us a Third World Country and therefore we don't deserve anything more than first World countries despite the fact that we have an actively hostile relationship .

PCB should spend twice the amount they do on security if India tours and India should get to choose where they play. If these conditions are met, I'm OK with India touring Pakistan.

Nz actually withdrew from Pakistan.
So I wasn’t wrong.

You are sounding very racist here, just beacuse white men did something it shouldn’t be a problem for the brown people to do that.

Read what youve written again.

India and Pakistan were at arms and are rival nations, same doesn’t apply to Nz and Aus.

Respectfully , I don't think performances have anything to do with how we treat PCB ?

I never even supported the excuse, lol But you wanted to get a sly dig in by calling us a Third World Country and therefore we don't deserve anything more than first World countries despite the fact that we have an actively hostile relationship .

PCB should spend twice the amount they do on security if India tours and India should get to choose where they play. If these conditions are met, I'm OK with India touring Pakistan.
Why did you think it was a dig? Is it a lie that India or Pakistan for that matter are third world countries? Why do you guys take offence over things that are not even intended. 🤦‍♂️

And what you asked for, sure thing, why not. Its PCB’s responsibility to make their guests feel safe.

More than happy if India does not want to come but at least dont be absolute cowards when you do it and hide behind the petty pathetic excuse of “security”. If you want to be a badmash then own it. But i guess i might be expecting too much honesty from folks like you. I say try it, dont come. Try it please.

Relax you seem riled up. It's not that hot a deal.

And if choosing to be safe is called "cowardice" then every single human being on this planet is a coward including you. You can moan all you want, but Pakistan in its current state is not a safe place for the Indian cricket team. And please don't bring up the idiotic "Oh but muh white masters Australia and England have toured us why can't you?" nonsense here. I'll rip that to shreds too.

I definitely believe the tournament will get moved, maybe to India or some SENA country, maybe England.

Its not hard to understand.

Replace India with South India and even you will become a blind nationalist as I have evidenced in quite a lot of threads.

We feel the same sort of connection and love for India as you do for your beloved South India.

Unlike you, the northern part has felt the effect of the rivalry with Pakistan, so your opinion counts for zilch here.

For example you have more hate for Notth India than you have for Pakistan and you know that.

So your post for brownie points doesn’t reflect an average Indians view about Pakistan.

POTW or decade for me. The greater truth has never been spoken. First of all I have a great admiration for South Indian people and most of my Indian friends here are South Indian. However, one thing I have noticed in this forum that they have very condesending view towards North Indian people.

As you rightly said, they would call Northies as blind nationalists for defending India at any cost against Pakistan...but just replace India with South India and see how they will defend their Dravidian ideology. Not only that just say a bad word about Ashwin and you will be slaughtered. I am sure they have their reasoning for such defence and as an outsider we will not understand. Similarly we also have a reason why we want to keep a distance from Pakistan but when we say that we become blind nationalists/Andhabhakts.

The Indian team would be given the most extreme level of security that could possibly be provided. If something happened to a single Indian player it would be the worst cricket scandal of all time and would almost certainly be the permanent end of cricket in Pakistan.

When Pakistan visited last year, it was clear that there were security concerns as well. One of Pakistan’s warm up matches had to be played behind closed doors with no crowd. The Pakistani team was also restricted to staying in their hotel room floor and were not really allowed to travel or visit anywhere, like other teams were able to, due to security concerns.

I think the real issue between India coming to Pakistan for a cricket tournament is the diplomatic tension that exists between the two countries, not the security issue.

POTW or decade for me. The greater truth has never been spoken. First of all I have a great admiration for South Indian people and most of my Indian friends here are South Indian. However, one thing I have noticed in this forum that they have very condesending view towards North Indian people.

As you rightly said, they would call Northies as blind nationalists for defending India at any cost against Pakistan...but just replace India with South India and see how they will defend their Dravidian ideology. Not only that just say a bad word about Ashwin and you will be slaughtered. I am sure they have their reasoning for such defence and as an outsider we will not understand. Similarly we also have a reason why we want to keep a distance from Pakistan but when we say that we become blind nationalists/Andhabhakts.
I think this goes both ways. I have lived in the West, North and South of India plus out of India for all substantial periods and I'm increasingly seeing the South feel marginalised.

There is a feeling that the North's massive population advantage (and consequent political power) is increasingly moving the country towards issues that the South doesn't care about.

India not playing cricket with Pakistan is one such obsession that the South doesn't get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this goes both ways. I have lived in the West, North and South of India plus out of India for all substantial periods and I'm increasingly seeing the South feel marginalised.

There is a feeling that the North's massive population advantage (and consequent political power) is increasingly moving the country towards issues that the South doesn't care about.

India not playing cricket with Pakistan is one such obsession that the South doesn't get.

Not sure you represent entire South bcoz many South Indians that I know are against playing Pakistan. So lets not talk about entire South India and lets just focus on you.

India stopped playing bilateral cricket with Pakistan since the 26/11 attacks. The mastermind of that attack still living there after killing 120+ Indian civilians and ruining many families. So many in India feels that our cricketers should not visit there or play cricket with them which is an entertainment. I am sure BCCI has some other monetary reasoning too but this is the main reason why cricket is suspended with them. I surprised that you are surprised as to why India don't want to play cricket there. Are you or your South Indian friends aware of 26/11 attacks or that was a conjured story by Northies? Ever heard of 1994 Mumbai Blasts and where the mastermind resides now?

Also if South doesn't care about Pakistan...why Karnataka congress minister chanted Pakistan Zindabaad after winning Rajya Sabha election? How long you guys will remain in denial man...let it go...Lol.

Unlike you, the northern part has felt the effect of the rivalry with Pakistan, so your opinion counts for zilch here.
There is a reason why all the famous temples stayed alright in south and but not in north.definitely north bore the brunt of everything worse.Am from south and south always felt safe because someone else was taking the hit all the time.

Not sure you represent entire South bcoz many South Indians that I know are against playing Pakistan. So lets not talk about entire South India and lets just focus on you.

India stopped playing bilateral cricket with Pakistan since the 26/11 attacks. The mastermind of that attack still living there after killing 120+ Indian civilians and ruining many families. So many in India feels that our cricketers should not visit there or play cricket with them which is an entertainment. I am sure BCCI has some other monetary reasoning too but this is the main reason why cricket is suspended with them. I surprised that you are surprised as to why India don't want to play cricket there. Are you or your South Indian friends aware of 26/11 attacks or that was a conjured story by Northies? Ever heard of 1994 Mumbai Blasts and where the mastermind resides now?

Also if South doesn't care about Pakistan...why Karnataka congress minister chanted Pakistan Zindabaad after winning Rajya Sabha election? How long you guys will remain in denial man...let it go...Lol.
Bunch of different points but I'll try to address.

No one says the South is desperate to play cricket with Pakistan. It just doesn't care about that issue. I don't have specific proof of that but in general you yourself claim you've noticed South Indians less fervent on these issues. More widely, the issues BJP focuses on - Ram Temple, Uniform Civil Code etc. just don't resonate in the south. For evidence, I offer you the fact they are irrelevant as a political force in almost every state in the South.

I lived through the Mumbai bomb blasts so you don't and my dad was a few 100 meters away from one of them so you don't need to remind me. I just don't associate rogue elements with the whole country just as I don't hate every Sikh for Indira Gandhi's assassination and every Sri Lankan Tamil for Rajiv Gandhi's.

Finally on the Pakistan Zindabad thing. I don't remember being specifically asked about it and it's not the thread for it but the reason's obvious. They do it to provoke since they know the kind of reaction it gets. I'm pretty confident in asserting that they know less about Pakistan than you or me.

Bunch of different points but I'll try to address.

No one says the South is desperate to play cricket with Pakistan. It just doesn't care about that issue. I don't have specific proof of that but in general you yourself claim you've noticed South Indians less fervent on these issues. More widely, the issues BJP focuses on - Ram Temple, Uniform Civil Code etc. just don't resonate in the south. For evidence, I offer you the fact they are irrelevant as a political force in almost every state in the South.

I lived through the Mumbai bomb blasts so you don't and my dad was a few 100 meters away from one of them so you don't need to remind me. I just don't associate rogue elements with the whole country just as I don't hate every Sikh for Indira Gandhi's assassination and every Sri Lankan Tamil for Rajiv Gandhi's.

Finally on the Pakistan Zindabad thing. I don't remember being specifically asked about it and it's not the thread for it but the reason's obvious. They do it to provoke since they know the kind of reaction it gets. I'm pretty confident in asserting that they know less about Pakistan than you or me.

Why are the rogue elements been sheltered and not handed over to India to face justice?

What is the connection of winning a Rajya Sabha ticket to Pakistan Zindabaad? Whom and why were they trying to provoke? Stop hiding behind lame excuses.

Anyway, this is not the thread to discuss it as its cricket section. Come to Time Pass and bump that Pakistan Zindabaad thread and we can have some fun.

Why are the rogue elements been sheltered and not handed over to India to face justice?

What is the connection of winning a Rajya Sabha ticket to Pakistan Zindabaad? Whom and why were they trying to provoke? Stop hiding behind lame excuses.

Anyway, this is not the thread to discuss it as its cricket section. Come to Time Pass and bump that Pakistan Zindabaad thread and we can have some fun.
Sorry zero interest in the discussion. The chumps who shout it are trolls, the guys who now make it a national security issue are fanatics so I'm not sure what fun you or I can have in that nonsense.

I'm sure we'll run into each other in some thread or the other anyway.

Back to the cricket. As I said, if there ever was the tiniest hope for thawing in cricket relations and for India to play in Pakistan, it's under Nawaz Sharif on the Pakistan side and under a Modi fresh from a thumping election win and willing to be seen as an elder statesman on the India side. Doubt it can happen but there's a small sliver of hope.

The more likely scenario is a hybrid model again. Pakistan-UAE most likely since the flight connections are good and the flight's about as long as two of the more extreme Indian cities - say Thiruvananthapuram and Dharamshala.

During the press conference, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi made a statement regarding the ICC Champions Trophy 2025:

"Pakistan will host the 2025 Champions Trophy. The ICC team is landing today to discuss arrangements for the tournament. We are upgrading three stadiums. working on Quetta & Peshawar too. India will come here, we are not even thinking about them not coming."

BCCI/Indian Government must do everything in its power to get Champions trophy moved out of Pakistan.
If that is not possible, then just simply boycott and do not go.
BCCI should do absolutely nothing apart from saying that we will follow whatever is the government policy regarding playing with Pakistan. They shoidk make it clear they won't answer any questions unless the government policy changes as there is no change. Leave it to government. If ICC wants to change Indian government foreign policy they are free to try it. They will realize, as USA has realized, that India mostly acts on self interest as far foreign policy is concerned. After that they will be escorted out of the building while everyone is laughing

Ask BD team to not tour India this year.

There is a small chance that Indian cricket team will visit Pakistan. It's not a zero sum game because its a ICC tournament.

Any decision will only be taken after the new government is sworn in.

There is a small chance that Indian cricket team will visit Pakistan. It's not a zero sum game because its a ICC tournament.

Any decision will only be taken after the new government is sworn in.

Now that N league is in power in Pak, do you think relations can thaw and the IND team will visit?

BCCI/Indian Government must do everything in its power to get Champions trophy moved out of Pakistan.
If that is not possible, then just simply boycott and do not go.

Not everything in the world revolves around your blind jingoism and hate mongering.

Time to wake up.

BCCI should do absolutely nothing apart from saying that we will follow whatever is the government policy regarding playing with Pakistan. They shoidk make it clear they won't answer any questions unless the government policy changes as there is no change. Leave it to government. If ICC wants to change Indian government foreign policy they are free to try it. They will realize, as USA has realized, that India mostly acts on self interest as far foreign policy is concerned. After that they will be escorted out of the building while everyone is laughing
What is the Indian government policy ? How can Indian athletes from other Sports like Tennis recently visit Pakistan but not Cricketers ? Why doesnt the Indian Government stop Indian Tennis players from visiting Pakistan too ? Where is the consistency ?

This is not a Bi-Lateral series but an ICC event, all the other International Cricket teams will be visiting Pakistan, Indian athletes of different Sports already visit Pakistan . I don't see any reason why Indian Cricket team cannot visit Pakistan for an International Tournament unless it's for Petty Political point scoring of isolating Pakistan which translates to votes at home. All the isolating Pakistan propaganda is only reserved for Cricket and that too while visiting Pakistan, meanwhile same India rolls over a red carpet for Pakistan during ICC events which are held in India and also visit Pakistan for Non Cricket sporting events.

Might visit Pakistan for the champions trophy! Lets gooooooo.

What is the Indian government policy ? How can Indian athletes from other Sports like Tennis recently visit Pakistan but not Cricketers ? Why doesnt the Indian Government stop Indian Tennis players from visiting Pakistan too ? Where is the consistency ?

This is not a Bi-Lateral series but an ICC event, all the other International Cricket teams will be visiting Pakistan, Indian athletes of different Sports already visit Pakistan . I don't see any reason why Indian Cricket team cannot visit Pakistan for an International Tournament unless it's for Petty Political point scoring of isolating Pakistan which translates to votes at home. All the isolating Pakistan propaganda is only reserved for Cricket and that too while visiting Pakistan, meanwhile same India rolls over a red carpet for Pakistan during ICC events which are held in India and also visit Pakistan for Non Cricket sporting events.
I'm surprised you haven't got the answer.

Its very simple. Minimize any and all gains to pakistan from Indian economy.

The other sports generates peanuts.

Then there is the behavior of PCB in the past.

I believe India will come to Pakistan for the CT. They seem to follow a logical approach; while they have stopped bilateral matches with Pakistan to prevent them from gaining economic benefits, they haven't ceased playing against Pakistan in ICC and other event matches worldwide. Furthermore, by the time the CT rolls around, the Indian elections will be over, removing any major political implications attached to touring Pakistan. Additionally, Pakistan currently has a hybrid government comprising the army and PML-N, and historically, PML-N has shown a softer stance towards India

Trade between Pakistan and India to resume soon so would it result in India sending its team to Pakistan for CT 2025.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is scheduled to host the ICC Champions Trophy in February 2025 and for that the ICC delegation assessed the arrangements at the National Bank Stadium in Karachi on Monday.

ICC Events Head Operations, Chris Tetley, will join the delegation in Islamabad. Among the members of the delegation arriving in Karachi are Senior Manager-Event Operations, Sarah Edgar, and Manager-Event Operations, Aun Muhammad Zaidi.

The members of the delegation convened a meeting in the PCB committee room, where the PCB's COO, Salman Naseer, briefed the delegation members and informed them about the relevant measures. The delegation members inquired about various matters and expressed their satisfaction while presenting multiple suggestions. They also visited various locations within the stadium and assessed the arrangements and facilities.

In addition to inspecting the National Bank Stadium, the delegation has scheduled meetings with security officials from relevant agencies.

According to the program, the delegation will leave for Lahore tonight and visit the Gaddafi Stadium on Tuesday. On Wednesday, along with inspecting the Pindi Cricket Stadium, meetings with the PCB Chairman and Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi are also scheduled.

After assessing the arrangements and meetings with PCB officials in Karachi, Lahore, and Rawalpindi, the delegation will prepare its report to share with member countries.

Trade between Pakistan and India to resume soon so would it result in India sending its team to Pakistan for CT 2025.
This is what Pakistan wants Meanwhile, visiting Singapore, External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar Hit out at Pakistan for its “industry-level” support to terrorism, stressing that any talks with Pakistan would need to “face up to the problem”.

I just want to watch good cricket.

Look, if India does not want to play cricket in Pakistan, that’s fine, but I don’t want to do this hybrid model. I understand the financial circumstances and that will ultimately be why if India does not play cricket in Pakistan we will have a hybrid model for the tournament.

But one fun aspect of cricket is seeing tournaments in different conditions and pitches. It takes something away from the game if one team has all of their matches in separate conditions.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is scheduled to host the ICC Champions Trophy in February 2025 and for that the ICC delegation assessed the arrangements at the National Bank Stadium in Karachi on Monday.

ICC Events Head Operations, Chris Tetley, will join the delegation in Islamabad. Among the members of the delegation arriving in Karachi are Senior Manager-Event Operations, Sarah Edgar, and Manager-Event Operations, Aun Muhammad Zaidi.

The members of the delegation convened a meeting in the PCB committee room, where the PCB's COO, Salman Naseer, briefed the delegation members and informed them about the relevant measures. The delegation members inquired about various matters and expressed their satisfaction while presenting multiple suggestions. They also visited various locations within the stadium and assessed the arrangements and facilities.

In addition to inspecting the National Bank Stadium, the delegation has scheduled meetings with security officials from relevant agencies.

According to the program, the delegation will leave for Lahore tonight and visit the Gaddafi Stadium on Tuesday. On Wednesday, along with inspecting the Pindi Cricket Stadium, meetings with the PCB Chairman and Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi are also scheduled.

After assessing the arrangements and meetings with PCB officials in Karachi, Lahore, and Rawalpindi, the delegation will prepare its report to share with member countries.
Awesome. One step closer to the future.

They should have completed the stadium renovations in time for this visit to give a good impression but its a lazy country that can't do anything on time. It will be moved elsewhere.

Might visit Pakistan for the champions trophy! Lets gooooooo.

My dear fellow poster, I understand your excitement but we are not in favour of sending our precious Bhartiya team to Pakistan. You can 'gooooo' to Pakistan but unfortunately you need to watch it in tele as CT 2025 will be played in Dubai International Stadium.

My dear fellow poster, I understand your excitement but we are not in favour of sending our precious Bhartiya team to Pakistan. You can 'gooooo' to Pakistan but unfortunately you need to watch it in tele as CT 2025 will be played in Dubai International Stadium.
You seem to be obsessed with CT not being in Pakistan. I dont care about your sick obsession. I will be catching the Champions Trophy final in Lahore! You are welcome to come over, we dont discriminate.

They should have completed the stadium renovations in time for this visit to give a good impression but its a lazy country that can't do anything on time. It will be moved elsewhere.
True, but i am expecting a lot of fanfare and celebration for this event in Pakistan. Expecting local governments to get involved. This will be an awesome experience!

The ICC Event Operations team is in Karachi reviewing the arrangements for the Champions Trophy 2025, scheduled to be held in Pakistan.

View attachment 142910

Just curious, did ICC delegates visited India before WC 2023 to review the arrangements?

Or do they visit any other country prior to a multinational event?

Just curious, did ICC delegates visited India before WC 2023 to review the arrangements?

Or do they visit any other country prior to a multinational event?
I think most of times they will visit and for sure if host is a sub continental team.They are for multi purpose checks like security, infrastructure ,hospitality etc

I hope we ensure that the visa processing of Indian fans and journalists is smooth. Fans should be able to enjoy the game in good spirit. No need to lower yourself to BCCI's level of pettiness. Big welcome to all indian fans who will be coming over to support their team! :)

You seem to be obsessed with CT not being in Pakistan. I dont care about your sick obsession. I will be catching the Champions Trophy final in Lahore! You are welcome to come over, we dont discriminate.
You will only be able to watch the CT final in Lahore if India fails to make it to the final. If India is in the final, you will be watching the live broadcast from Dubai or Colombo. :klopp

Your country's election campaigns are based on hate towards Pakistan from your far right extreme T s which is why a civil war between the north and the south is likely to break out.

Pakistan as a nation have clean hearts and don't hate on others indians included.

You don't see election campaigns in Pakistan based on india being the "enemy".

YouTube vloggers visiting our country are amazed with the hospitality and unrivalled generosity.

Your country has a lot learning and maturing to do.

India have history of digging up pitches

Your country's election campaigns are based on hate towards Pakistan from your far right extreme T s which is why a civil war between the north and the south is likely to break out.

Pakistan as a nation have clean hearts and don't hate on others indians included.

You don't see election campaigns in Pakistan based on india being the "enemy".

YouTube vloggers visiting our country are amazed with the hospitality and unrivalled generosity.

Your country has a lot learning and maturing to do.

There is nothing close to a civil war in India. I'm South Indian. Not sure where you are getting this. Even though it's true we differ a lot from Northern India.

Regardless of what enmity exists or not , it's not safe for Indian cricketers to be in Pakistan.

I personally don't believe it. But that can easily work as a valid excuse.

It's not going to happen just because a pakistani wants it too happen, and I don't the pakistani love for south india, they maybe anti bjp but they are anti pak too. Karnatka and the telugu states are almost as nationalist as the north indian states, even kerala despite being full of commies is extremely patriotic. Its only a few DMK nuts in tamil nadu who want independence or separatism @Cover Drive Six

You will only be able to watch the CT final in Lahore if India fails to make it to the final. If India is in the final, you will be watching the live broadcast from Dubai or Colombo. :klopp
Nah, we all should actually watch the match together live in Pakistan. Lets do a Pakpassion hangout, would love to meet all the old chaps. @Red Devil and all the other folks who have went into quite online retirement. I remember posting since my high school days to university days and now in my late 20s. Its been a more than a decade long journey for you and me, brother.

There is nothing close to a civil war in India. I'm South Indian. Not sure where you are getting this. Even though it's true we differ a lot from Northern India.

Regardless of what enmity exists or not , it's not safe for Indian cricketers to be in Pakistan.

I personally don't believe it. But that can easily work as a valid excuse.
You know, I know and the world knows its for political reasons rather than sporting.

Therefore there is no "valid excuse".

We know there is a massive far right extremist problem in india and pakistani s dont expect love we expect hate due to the character of the people and their radical upbringings.

There are many hindu s i know who say they pray to leave india and settle in the west because of its toxic nature against all minorities aswell as lower cast hindu s.

There s a massive difference between being patriotic and an extremist which is a reflection of your nation unfortunately.
I am sure those people that you met are totally real and not a figment of your imagination, but it's pakistanis who are leaving their country in record numbers.

I personally have met pakistani hindus and sikhs who are tired of thier 3rd class status in the country and have fled, and unfortunately for you these people are real.

There's a infinitely bigger chance of pak getting balkanised.

There is no need to talk about how many people have left the country and Sikhs and hindus. This thread is not about such stuff to be discussed here.

The real topic is Pakistan is the host of the Champions Trophy and India should come to play cricket, if they are not willing to come, good luck. This is an ICC event, not the BCCI event that Pakistan has to suffer just because of India. They don't wanna come, stay back in India and call West Indies or Sri Lanka to thrash them at home.

CT is all about revenue for cricket nations. And there is no revenue without Ind. Thats just a fact. No amount of jingoism or we dont care for Ind changes that. Its purely a financial decision for all cricket boards. And as usual just like asia cup, Pak will bend over to accommodate Ind. Again thats just the reality. All Pak games plus 1 SF can be held in Pak, and all Ind games plus final can be held in Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Hybrid model is the most possible outcome . And no way is Pak hosting the tournament without Ind participating

CT is all about revenue for cricket nations. And there is no revenue without Ind. Thats just a fact. No amount of jingoism or we dont care for Ind changes that. Its purely a financial decision for all cricket boards. And as usual just like asia cup, Pak will bend over to accommodate Ind. Again thats just the reality. All Pak games plus 1 SF can be held in Pak, and all Ind games plus final can be held in Dubai/Abu Dhabi. Hybrid model is the most possible outcome . And no way is Pak hosting the tournament without Ind participating
We have heard the rhona dhona. As per latest official position, Champions Trophy is happening in Pakistan and there is going to be a house full in Lahore for the final.

Lets focus on the tournament, its preparations in Pakistan.

There is no need to talk about how many people have left the country and Sikhs and hindus. This thread is not about such stuff to be discussed here.

The real topic is Pakistan is the host of the Champions Trophy and India should come to play cricket, if they are not willing to come, good luck. This is an ICC event, not the BCCI event that Pakistan has to suffer just because of India. They don't wanna come, stay back in India and call West Indies or Sri Lanka to thrash them at home.
India should go and Play this is my wish . But what you said is completely misleading. Without india Participation in ICC event any such events will not happen as long as BCCI is powerfull . PCB and Pakistan cricket fan can think whatever they can but what will happen that BCCI want to do. This is the truth .

India should go and Play this is my wish . But what you said is completely misleading. Without india Participation in ICC event any such events will not happen as long as BCCI is powerfull . PCB and Pakistan cricket fan can think whatever they can but what will happen that BCCI want to do. This is the truth .
If this is the case that BCCI is stronger than ICC then ICC should be dissolved and BCCI should control the whole cricket system.

Last edited:
Here is what will happen come 2025..

PCB will say that the tournament will and should be played entirely in Pakistan.

BCCI will say it doesn't have the clearance from GOI to send it's players to Pakistan.

PCB will say that India can pull out of the tournament (for domestic consumption).

Behind the closed doors , the likes of NZC, CSA, SLC, BCB etc will vote for the tournament to be moved out of Pakistan to allow for Indian participation $$$.

Tournament will be either moved to UAE/Bangladesh or England (outside chance) and this whole cycle will repeat once again the next time Pakistan is chosen as the "host' of an ICC event..

And life goes on...

Here is what will happen come 2025..

PCB will say that the tournament will and should be played entirely in Pakistan.

BCCI will say it doesn't have the clearance from GOI to send it's players to Pakistan.

PCB will say that India can pull out of the tournament (for domestic consumption).

Behind the closed doors , the likes of NZC, CSA, SLC, BCB etc will vote for the tournament to be moved out of Pakistan to allow for Indian participation $$$.

Tournament will be either moved to UAE/Bangladesh or England (outside chance) and this whole cycle will repeat once again the next time Pakistan is chosen as the "host' of an ICC event..

And life goes on...
I think Asia Cup like situation happen where India play all of the matches outside Pakistan and one semifinal or Final also Play outside the Pakistan .

I want india to play in pak but it was the other poster who started talking about upper caste hindus out of nowhere.

I agree with you, will stick to the topic

Now that N league is in power in Pak, do you think relations can thaw and the IND team will visit?

This is a ICC tournament. A world event, so even with froze relationship the Indian team can go and play if the government decides to change policy.

Tennis is a individual sport. Cricket isn't.

The team that represents India is the national team.

BCCI officials visited Pakistan last year. Government said nothing.

The national team won't visit as of now.

It's not going to happen just because a pakistani wants it too happen, and I don't the pakistani love for south india, they maybe anti bjp but they are anti pak too. Karnatka and the telugu states are almost as nationalist as the north indian states, even kerala despite being full of commies is extremely patriotic. Its only a few DMK nuts in tamil nadu who want independence or separatism @Cover Drive Six
Dude has no understanding of South India and is dreaming of a civil war. :ROFLMAO:
Tamil Nadu is also a patriotic state, except for a few Dravidian extremists who make some noise for political gain.

Back