England (183/7) beat Pakistan (160) by 23 runs in the 2nd T20I to go up 1-0 in the 4-match T20I series

Which side will win today's match between England and Pakistan?

• Pakistan will win

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • England will win

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In the second match of Pakistan vs England 4-match T20I Series 2024, England will face off against Pakistan at Edgbaston, Birmingham today Saturday, May 25.

Following the rain-affected first match in Leeds, England and Pakistan will battle it out for the crucial lead in the 2nd T20I game of the series.

Pakistan has secured three victories out of their last five games, while England has won two and lost three. Notably, these two teams previously clashed in the final of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in Australia back in 2022.

LO826hm.jpeg

Squads:

Pakistan
Squad: Mohammad Rizwan, Saim Ayub, Babar Azam(c), Fakhar Zaman, Azam Khan(w), Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Amir, Naseem Shah, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Abrar Ahmed, Abbas Afridi, Irfan Khan, Usman Khan, Agha Salman

England Squad: Jos Buttler(w/c), Philip Salt, Will Jacks, Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Reece Topley, Mark Wood, Ben Duckett, Liam Livingstone, Tom Hartley

===============

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

It is important for us that Rizwan's opening partner performs. Also Abrar needs to play not Shadab Khan.

Match practice is important for Usman even if Babar or Rizwan have to rest

Match practice is important for Usman even if Babar or Rizwan have to rest
Rizwan should be rested for Usman and Abrar and Haris Rauf should play as well. Haris needs game practice since he came back from injury.

weather forecast & any news about how the pitch is likely to behave ? btw , Fakhar said after losing the game to IRE , we changed our mindset & now look to score 200-220 when we bat .

weather forecast & any news about how the pitch is likely to behave ? btw , Fakhar said after losing the game to IRE , we changed our mindset & now look to score 200-220 when we bat .
Today weather looks fine but Tuesday maybe a washout

Fakhar always will look for that

It’s the two Tara and Sitara bros who apply too much of their Harvard brains when batting first

It’s the two Tara and Sitara bros who apply too much of their Harvard brains when batting first
looking for 200-220 without taking in to consideration the state of pitch on offer can be silly tbh !

Expect a lot of Pakistan support today - game sold out.

Expect a lot of Pakistan support today - game sold out.
Warwickshire County or most counties give first priority of tickets to their members. It will be a 70-30 England crowd I recon.

If it were Pakistan v anyone but India, you could expect an 80-20 Pakistan crowed

Today weather looks fine but Tuesday maybe a washout
We win today's game and then we don't have to worry about the weather in other games. We will defeat the defending champions. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:

The issue is more then Bobby and rizzu against england bro.

The biggest problem is shadab bowling to England. You can have a world class batting line up but chasing 220-250 will be impossible when 4 overs of Archer are being bowled.

And yes I say 220-250 because if shadab bowls 4 overs, then that's exactly what will happen. He got spanked for 52 against Ireland?

Also I don't think Rauf or abass bowling inspire much confidence. These 2 are run machines? Yes they get wickets but that's kinda useless against a team that even has their no 11 be better then our shadab and chacha at no 5 and 6?

Bowling is heavily heavily dependant on shaheen being in form and banging those unplayable inswings which he hasn't done so consistently. I only saw him doing it against Robinson once in a washed put game.

The problem is the bowling. Batting wise it's too pedestrian but the target can be chased if total is restricted to 160-170. If Pakistan bats first then no chance in hell of winning. The top order hasn't scored a 200 batting first in centuries.

Pakistan have no chance barely drew with newzealand C team and luckily one the series with Ireland at home. England in England is a different ball game

Pakistan have no chance barely drew with newzealand C team and luckily one the series with Ireland at home. England in England is a different ball game
If Pakistan bats first they have no chance.

Chasing is a different story. Remember you need to account for collapses which can happen to any team and the fact that England is a double sided coin. They'll either go for a 200-250 or will get bowled for 100

If Pakistan bats first they have no chance.

Chasing is a different story. Remember you need to account for collapses which can happen to any team and the fact that England is a double sided coin. They'll either go for a 200-250 or will get bowled for 100
You are right. Pakistan will be looking to set a target of 170 and England is going to chase it down in 14-15 overs. Just go for the chase.

You are right. Pakistan will be looking to set a target of 170 and England is going to chase it down in 14-15 overs. Just go for the chase.
Problem with Pakistan is mentality. They have no clue how to structure an innings when batting first.

Chasing wise they don't have to worry as structure is set but they still panic if the score gets too high.

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
fakhar
shadab
imad
Azam/ifti
Shaheen
Naseem
Amir
Abrar
this is probably the best lineup from the squad

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
fakhar
shadab
imad
Azam/ifti
Shaheen
Naseem
Amir
Abrar
this is probably the best lineup from the squad
Bro, Shadab is the biggest liability in the squad. Pakistan doesn't need him.

Better to bat imad at 5, With azam at 6. Chacha at 7 honestly. He's too slow and should be played as an allrounder. Not a proper batter.

Better to bat imad at 5, With azam at 6. Chacha at 7 honestly. He's too slow and should be played as an allrounder. Not a proper batter.
Shadab is needed in team as middle order batter, he has better strike rate than Babar Azam

Shadab is needed in team as middle order batter, he has better strike rate than Babar Azam
That sr is useless when you look at the fact that avg of 19 and sr of 146 equates to 19 of 13 deliveries.

He comes in as a no 5 batter.

So hypothetically let's say he comes in at 106 of 3 with 13.3 overs which Is the avg for Pakistan (Surpisngly higher then I thought lol) anyway regardless.

He then makes what? In 15.4 overs he helps Pakistan get to 125 and then gets dismissed? Even if you factor in the deliveries the other batter plays lets assume fakhar is batting and falhar averages 23 of 17.

Collectively they both make 148 in 18.4 overs?

How many times can you expect a 40 of 20 from shafab when it comes like once every 25 games? I've seen Shadab play, dude bottom hands everything, he only knows how to slice, sweep or play extremly ugly lofted shots that get top edged more often then not.

bro i think chacha is bigger liability regardless we can swap in between them rest of the team picks itself.

If Babar isn't going to be rested, then Rizwan has to sit out for Usman.

Usman needs game time.

Play Rauf in place of Shaheen.

Shadab also needs more practice with the ball.

Rauf, Naseem and Amir should be the trio of pacemen.

Saim
Usman
Babar
Zaman
Shadab
Azam
Iftikhar
Imad
Amir
Naseem
Rauf

I’ve been here for 40 minutes and England have been out warming up all that time. No sign of Pakistan, shows level of discipline

So who's going to win today match I back Pakistan they might win this:babar

knowing babar he won’t use chacha as a bowler
My point Is shadab is a horrible bowler. Anyone hiding behind the he's a big tournament player excuse needs to get their head checked. Wc 2023 he had the worst bowling stats. Only nawaz and Joe root (as a bowler) were worse. That shows how pathetic he truly is.

Chacha I hate but he's still a better bowler then shadab.

And as for batting wise, shadab's sr is useless if his avg is 19, that's 19 of 13 deliveries with 146 sr lol. What good is that at no 5? If he was a no 7/ 8 and coming in last 2 overs sure.

Chacha is a slow batter but atleast he can minnow bash and we play 3 minnows in group stages.

Shadab's 40 of 20's happen once a year. It happened against Afghanistan once last year and happened once this year. It won't happen again and again.

According to reports, its a belter of a pitch. High scoring. Pakistan needs to opt to chase. They can't win batting first, bowling is too weak.

There you go lads

Attachments

• IMG_4196.jpeg
    IMG_4196.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4197.jpeg
    IMG_4197.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
England haven’t played as a team recently , Pakistan have . The sun out , big Pakistan crowd could just edge Pakistan to a win here today .

If you want to win the World Cup , beating England is a good start, means it’s possible

Last person to come out, surprise surprise

Attachments

• IMG_4199.jpeg
    IMG_4199.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Warwickshire County or most counties give first priority of tickets to their members. It will be a 70-30 England crowd I recon.

If it were Pakistan v anyone but India, you could expect an 80-20 Pakistan crowed
It's proberly around 60-40 england

At the ground and I’ve been watching Azam Khan and honestly he is so lazy. Last one to come out and hardly done any warming up. He doesn’t deserve to be in the team.

I don't think any Indian ground has such a short boundary. Bowling plans will all be about protecting that short boundary.

i'm going with pakistan on this game its all down to the bowlers and captaincy

Pakistan vs England

Second T20I at Edgbaston

25 May, 2024

Toss : won by Pakistan and decided to Bowl

Pakistan (Playing XI): Saim Ayub, Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan, Fakhar Zaman, Azam Khan(w), Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf

England (Playing XI): Philip Salt, Jos Buttler(w/c), Will Jacks, Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Reece Topley

Last edited:
Sun's out, Saturday afternoon on a bank holiday weekend, good crowd, England vs Pakistan. May be a glorified World Cup warmup but hoping we give a decent account of ourselves.

Pakistan bowling first makes this game a spicy contest.

Thank god, I don't have to switch off my TV now. Since Pakistan would lose 100% of they were batting first.t

I'm worried, lack of abrar will be am issue, Shadab will get pelted if he bowls 4

England also has trash bowling, but Archer and rasheed will be gun and key

Babar: Hopefully a bit of swing early

Pakistan captain Babar Azam:

"We will bowl first. I think the pitch looks good, so we want to utilise the first six overs with the new ball and hopefully a little bit of swing.

"It's a simple message to the team, enjoy yourselves and prepare for the World Cup... give it your best.

"We always get great support when we come here to Birmingham. We enjoy it a lot."

If babar and rizwan can make 100 by the 15th over. Shouldn't really be an issue for the rest of the 9 players to make 120 in the last 5 overs
sab peeche pad gaye ho in dono gareebon ke :)
Anyway , Pak bowling . Cricinfo : Confusion at the toss but Pakistan win and bowl. "The pitch looks good, a bit of swing." Haris Rauf is back which is a boost. "We have a good bunch of fast bowlers. Simple message to enjoy yourself and prepare for the World Cup. T20 is a fast game, need to play according to the situation."
England: 1 Jos Buttler (capt/wk), 2 Phil Salt, 3 Will Jacks, 4 Jonny Bairstow, 5 Harry Brook, 6 Moeen Ali, 7 Liam Livingstone, 8 Chris Jordan, 9 Jofra Archer, 10 Adil Rashid, 11 Reece Topley

Pakistan: 1 Babar Azam (capt), 2 Saim Ayub, 3 Mohammad Rizwan (wk), 4 Fakhar Zaman, 5 Shadab Khan, 6 Azam Khan, 7 Iftikhar Ahmed, 8 Imad Wasim, 9 Shaheen Shah Afridi, 10 Haris Rauf, 11 Mohammad Amir.

No Naseem. His numbers post-comeback reads 36 at an ER of 9.60. Need him back in form before the World Cup as he provides the control that the more expensive Shaheen and Rauf can lack.

Amir can play that role but still feeling his way back from a 4 year absence.

Still no Abrar which is strange. Unless we don't have him exposed too much and want to retain his mystery for the World Cup, you'd think he'd have featured more especially given the nature of many of the surfaces in WI/USA !

Back