England v Pakistan | Fourth Test | Day 1 : Session 2 | Lords | 26/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad for the bowlers who are trying to get a bit of rhythm.This stopping and starting is really disruptive.

Bad light maybe a good thing if its only a short time period of the field.

Gives time for bowlers to re-group.

Pakistan need to get Trott early as hes looking good already.

Hopefully we can get 2/3 wickets asap when we get back on!

very overrated bro. Even praveen kumar swings it both ways more than asif at similar speeds.

You should be ashamed of calling yourself a cricket fan.

Even more ashamed that you were posting every second and then Asif got that awesome wicket and you disapeared. Heres me hoping forever.

If i remember rightly the 2006 test here at lords we shelled atleast 7/8 catches in the game!

We dont need the same here!

Good for bowlers, they will get some rest and also batsmans will have to start over.

Not good for Riaz though.He needs to adjust to the Lords conditions as he's been inconsistent with his line.

Don't know if this is good or bad. If for a few minutes, then I guess it might be good as our team would get a chance to go back to the coach and try figuring out how to avoid being such a pathetic fielding outfit.

re-group? why? they're bowling absolutely fine.

it's an attacking field, there are bound to be 4s.

people need to relax.

Full House, and they go off in decent light, and they still wonder why cricket attendances are down.

Is it me or have they shown very few replays of the Strauss dismissal?

Yes. But they have shown Umar Akmal's dropped catch quite a few times, and even mentioned it on the ticker below, where the game status comes on usually. I won't be surprised if they are showing it repeatedly on the bigscreen at the stadium too. Playing with our team's psyche.

Yes. But they have shown Umar Akmal's dropped catch quite a few times, and even mentioned it on the ticker below, where the game status comes on usually. I won't be surprised if they are showing it repeatedly on the bigscreen at the stadium too. Playing with our team's psyche.

and Rameez was also mentioning after every ball come on its a part of the game esps. when Pak is playin

Seriously guys? Its good they keep playing them to remind them of not doing it again. :pissed:

i herd it hasnt been sunny at lords for 12 days. thats just horrendous

What a pearler that was from Asif to get rid of Strauss. It came back to hit leg stump, don't know if anyone else noticed.

:asif

re-group? why? they're bowling absolutely fine.

it's an attacking field, there are bound to be 4s.

people need to relax.

too right

this is TEST cricket lads - you cant expect other test teams to fold like a pack of matches just cos its a bit cloudy

tauba tauba tum look kaise jeetai ho
I once met a guy from Canada over here and he goes to me "In Canada it gets a lot colder than England, but you can deal with the cold by wearing a few layers. The only problem with England is the rain. It can come from anywhere, at any time, can last for weeks and makes things miserable".

Makes Ramadan easier though. No sun no thirst.

It's also why Football is king.

Last edited:
lol and seriously, I don't think Akmal wants to get back to the dressing room, I imagine multiple phainty's being handed out by Aamer and Waqar in turn.

Cricinfo comm. idiots have nothing to report...somebody please contact them and tell them that they are NOT funny.

I once met a guy from Canada over here and he goes to me "In Canada it gets a lot colder than England, but you can deal with the cold by wearing a few layers. The only problem with England is the rain. It can come from anywhere, at any time, can last for weeks and makes things miserable".

Makes Ramadan easier though. No sun no thirst.

It's also why Football is king.

ya this is true it is colder then england it snows alot here but we can handle it in england the weather is so depressing

today and tomorrow are going to be like this, on and off rain.3rd day is suppose to be ok weather wise

Asif is absolutely incredible to watch. He reminds me of Wasim a lot more than Amir does. Ball after ball is a beauty. The batsman have absolutely no clue which way it's going. He's so fun to watch!

We're so fortunate to have the privilege of a bowler like him in the team, especially after the huge void left by Akram.

Here in london it's been raining heavily for the past week and occasional showers the week before that.

they showed 3. as opposed to 20 of the uakmal drop.

I love the way Sky continue to be surprised by Pakistan dropping catches. It's like a game within a game.

If they had as many replays of the 14 drops at Edgbaston, there wouldn't be much live stuff on show...

Last edited:
asif is a great bowler but why isn't he successful in one days? or is it that our captain doesn't know how to make use of him?

Hope we get another hour play but doesnt look good. Damn Katmal, Cook should have beem out by now. Anyway couple of wickets more and we are right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back