Official Pakistan vs India 1st test - Day 4 thread [16/1/06]

jf1gp_1 said:
well fessal unfortunatly you are the only one here who acknowleged it. All others are doing is blaming the pitch. Funny because when india was bowling everyone was blaming indian bowlers not pitch.

That is definitley unfortunate. Credit should be given where it's rightly due by both set of fans. There are actually fans from both sides who have been blaming the pitch rightly but mainly when there team is bowling and the otehr is piling the runs. The wicket does deserve blame and criticism. However, you still have to bat and therfore nothing should be taken away from how the batsman who are playing well (from both teams) and deserve the praise.

nafajafam said:
Would it be safe to say that the curator is the most wanted man in Pakistan right now?
i dont know whether u saw straight drive when they were reading that bishen bedi article......he says curator in pak n india is like a maali /gardenor who only waters the pitch......after looking at this picth he might be right :D

Fessal said:
That is definitley unfortunate. Credit should be given where it's rightly due by both set of fans. There are actually fans from both sides who have been blaming the pitch rightly but mainly when there team is bowling and the otehr is piling the runs. The wicket does deserve blame and criticism. However, you still have to bat and therfore nothing should be taken away from how the batsman who are playing well (from both teams) and deserve the praise.

wah wah !!!

cavin420 said:
i dont know whether u saw straight drive when they were reading that bishen bedi article......he says curator in pak n india is like a maali /gardenor who only waters the pitch......after looking at this picth he might be right :D

That mali might just be the most wanted man in Pakistan right now

jf1gp_1 said:
Dont talk cheap, at the end of the day its just a game. Mind u i can reply back but then cant fall at ur level.

so you have produced one decent fast bowler in your history.. please name him

mich holding : they should be picking a man of the match for this game ramiz! i think it should be a bowler who managed to beat the bat on 3 occasions :))):))):)))

All Indian fans showing hatred.
Can you please explain why Pakistan beat India in 8 out of the last 10 ODIs :)))
Please watch the match and enjoy the batting

indians on here going on like they are going to win the match. open your eyes. NOTHING BUT A DRAW COMING OUT OF THIS ONE!

nafajafam said:
Would it be safe to say that the curator is the most wanted man in Pakistan right now?

u cannot blame the curator this is not the season to play cricket and he probably had problems preparing the wicket. pcb are to blame for organising the series at this time of year jus to fill their bank balance.

inzidabest said:
Can you please explain why Pakistan beat India in 8 out of the last 10 ODIs :)))
:))):))) u have this one line to say to them everytime its effective n concrete though :D malik comes back into the attack can sehwag do the same with him as afridi did with bhajii?wheres ur money peeps?

pak4life said:
u cannot blame the curator this is not the season to play cricket and he probably had problems preparing the wicket. pcb are to blame for organising the series at this time of year jus to fill their bank balance.

Yea I know, just sounded right in the midst of this farce!!

Good grief, what a joke test match. Pak getting 600+ and India getting 300 without loss is quite sad indeed. I just hope the pitches will be better next test match. Oh and its safe to say that the pitch was to blame as both set of bowlers were on form and playing on home conditions.

with that a superb hundred what an innings by dravid gosh.......fully deserves it...what a player he is classsiccccccc!!!!!!!!!!

jf1gp_1 said:
just like you produce players like Malik and butt n razak whom you call batsman n al rounders Apart from Inzi n maybe yohana, None of the current Pakistan batsman would have made it to an Indian team.

I think you're becoming too proud for your own good...indian

inzidabest said:
exactly.. the problem with some Indians is that they are on a windup which is pretty stupid considering their teams have done f all against us..

i think here is the differenve between afridi and sehwag..afridi throws it away as soon as he has made more than 70

nafajafam said:
wah wah !!!

and wah wah wah ;-)

jf1gp_1, actually naf and many of us regular ppers and pak fans do praise indians or whoever when it's deserved but there are some people from both sides who unfortunatley can't accept when the opposition plays well. Unfortunatley these people get noticed more and you have unfortunatley come across them more today or whenever.

cavin420 said:
:))):))) u have this one line to say to them everytime its effective n concrete though :D malik comes back into the attack can sehwag do the same with him as afridi did with bhajii?wheres ur money peeps?

make that as a signature and no indian team fan will blabber nonsense.
Such people need to learn that cricket can be watched patiently.

bala977 said:
Pankaj Roy and Vinoo Mankad's record in sight !! Go Sehwag, Go Dravid !!

A 50 yr old opening batting record is truly within reach.

1st wicket: 413 Pankaj Roy & Vinoo Mankad, India vs New Zealand, Chennai 1955/56

jokes apart peeps i have enoyed dravids innings alot more then anyone elses in this match....what a fighter this guy is......just a treat to watch !!!!

cavin420 said:
with that a superb hundred what an innings by dravid gosh.......fully deserves it...what a player he is classsiccccccc!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh true, Dravid is pure class and im a big fan of the ambassador. I cant see a better opening pairing than Sehwag and Dravid now. What Sehwag brings with bludgeoning aggressive power, Dravid brings a cool, gentlemanly air to the crease. They complement each other very well and it seems Indians opening problems are a thing of the past.

Fessal said:
and wah wah wah ;-)

jf1gp_1, actually naf and many of us regular ppers and pak fans do praise indians or whoever when it's deserved but there are some people from both sides who unfortunatley can't accept when the opposition plays well. Unfortunatley these people get noticed more and you have unfortunatley come across them more today or whenever.

Dont know Fessal, some of these newcomers need to be given a warning. Playful banter is fine, but this has turned into childish bickering.

bala977 said:
A 50 yr old opening batting record is truly within reach.

1st wicket: 413 Pankaj Roy & Vinoo Mankad, India vs New Zealand, Chennai 1955/56
it is indeed.....! lets hope they get their as quick as they can coz i can see weather playing a big part really soon!

jf1gp_1 said:
i think here is the differenve between afridi and sehwag..afridi throws it away as soon as he has made more than 70
Im sure he doesnt care having been mostly ending the day with the winning team

Baron said:
Yeh true, Dravid is pure class and im a big fan of the ambassador. I cant see a better opening pairing than Sehwag and Dravid now. What Sehwag brings with bludgeoning aggressive power, Dravid brings a cool, gentlemanly air to the crease. They complement each other very well and it seems Indians opening problems are a thing of the past.
shoaib malik should learn from dravid really!

nafajafam said:
Dont know Fessal, some of these newcomers need to be given a warning. Playful banter is fine, but this has turned into childish bickering.

I think people are getting alittle too excited too. After all, it seems both teams are getting a pounding out there. I think the players should be put out of there misery (except of course Sehwag and Dravid who are having a partaaaay out there at the mo) :O

well dont forget guys if no wickets fall means ganguly wont be coming out too bat n the indian team wont be able to dispose him off for the next test ....so one positive for ganguly fans n pak fans he is going to be in the next 2 remaining tests!!!

nafajafam said:

I agree Naf bhai. As you know this type of behaviour isn't the real pp and is unacceptable. I have made the mods aware.

jf1gp_1 said:

that is not the only difference between them..they are different players..

sehwag is far mature then thim....that is what you pointed out..
the reason why he is called beast n bla bla bal...is simply that he is the ONLY players in the world, who regarldless of match situation, or who is bowling, will never let the bowler get on top of him.....

afridi even on his bad days, is still someone bowler is always afraid of.........

Fessal said:
I agree Naf bhai. As you know this type of behaviour isn't the real pp and is unacceptable. I have made the mods aware.

Haha, they are doing their sleeping bit as usual. :D

You cant really compare Afridi with Sehwag. Afridi has still alot to prove until he can be compared wit waggy ;-)

Anyways, is it me or is Sehwag getting tired of hitting the ball., not much has been scored for the past 2 overs! Well i hope he lazily hits the stumps ;-)

66.3 Shahid Afridi to Dravid, FOUR, tossed up and on the stumps, spins
sharply, edged but just past slip for another boundary

POSITIVE SIGN GUYS?

Am gonna go sleep and try to forget this day ever happened!! (Opens a bottle of rat poison)

Afridi is finally recognised as a medium pacer. According to cricinfo, he is a (RM,LBG)

Baron said:
You cant really compare Afridi with Sehwag. Afridi has still alot to prove until he can be compared wit waggy ;-)

Anyways, is it me or is Sehwag getting tired of hitting the ball., not much has been scored for the past 2 overs! Well i hope he lazily hits the stumps ;-)
u must be joking 216 of 203 balls :| do u call that slow:| its a test match not a one day peeps

nafajafam said:
Am gonna go sleep and try to forget this day ever happened!! (Opens a bottle of rat poison)
i have a bit more sabar but if the same continues in the 2nd test match then i might need the same poison :D with that its tea peeps

cavin420 said:
u must be joking 216 of 203 balls :| do u call that slow:| its a test match not a one day peeps

ACtually i was being sarcastic about the 2 overs they scored low in. Of course i know Sehwags going like the clappers in an all day orgy ;-)

nafajafam said:
420, keep a control on your runs. you are batting like sehwag!! haha
im not really bothered about the runs , no big deal really even if they take all the runs away..not as if u get something out of it!

Baron said:
ACtually i was being sarcastic about the 2 overs they scored low in. Of course i know Sehwags going like the clappers in an all day orgy ;-)
oops failed to see the funny side of it :D u cant blame me for that been up from nights now :| need some sleep!

cavin420 said:
i have a bit more sabar but if the same continues in the 2nd test match then i might need the same poison :D with that its tea peeps
why do they want to drink tea. keep on batting. fitting reply by Indian batsmen.

cavin420 said:
im not really bothered about the runs , no big deal really even if they take all the runs away..not as if u get something out of it!

Haha, so no one told you of the award.. once you reach 'Living Legend', you recieve a brochure on "How to have a Life".

just another formality i guess.....or i guess an excuse to not come out back again (lets hope so).........coz usually after 11 its dull n dark anyway so another 15 minutes close to 11......n u never know we might not get another ball balled for the test

what has happened to afridis quicker bowl? he should bowl afew of them at 80 mph try some bouncers and maybe suprise indian batsment

i havent seen him bowl him a quicker 1 75+mph for a while now...........

Long_Live_Pakistan said:
that is not the only difference between them..they are different players..

sehwag is far mature then thim....that is what you pointed out..
the reason why he is called beast n bla bla bal...is simply that he is the ONLY players in the world, who regarldless of match situation, or who is bowling, will never let the bowler get on top of him.....

afridi even on his bad days, is still someone bowler is always afraid of.........

I am a bit fan of afridi always enjoy his batting till he isnt scoring against india but someone who can play the way he does i always wonder why cant he be more reliable like Inzi

i think they should set a one day field to sehwag and bowl one day style of bowling to get him out hes poor in odis

nafajafam said:
Haha, so no one told you of the award.. once you reach 'Living Legend', you recieve a brochure on "How to have a Life".
:))):))):))) :))) surly any award is a gud one i wonder what would be in that book :D looking fwd to it :D

inzidabest said:
did bob teach the bowlers that wicket needs to be taken in cricket.

No, he said to keep feeding them pies so they get bloated and cant play the next 2 matches.

jf1gp_1 said:
I am a bit fan of afridi always enjoy his batting till he isnt scoring against india but someone who can play the way he does i always wonder why cant he be more reliable like Inzi
well for him its just a matter of staying at the wicket i dont think hes ever faced 200 balls ever in test cricket......just imagine if he stays for that long.......n too be honest sehwags a clever well not clever very clever n smart cricketor who thinks about what hes doing unlike afridi!

waquas_uk said:
i think they should set a one day field to sehwag and bowl one day style of bowling to get him out hes poor in odis

That wont work, because unlike oneday he has all the time in the world in a test match.

cavin420 said:
oops failed to see the funny side of it :D u cant blame me for that been up from nights now :| need some sleep!

Sorry to hear you've been awake to report on this dud test match. You're probably seeing things in boundaries now :D

Fessal said:

Not many who share the same thoughts like you do here. Yes i understand ppl are bound to support Pakistan its there team but being the pitch it is one still needs to apply himself.

cavin420 said:
well for him its just a matter of staying at the wicket i dont think hes ever faced 200 balls ever in test cricket......just imagine if he stays for that long.......n too be honest sehwags a clever well not clever very clever n smart cricketor who thinks about what hes doing unlike afridi!

sehwag can be a good role model for afridi.

I am sure our bowlers right now are bowling so pathetically that they will not even get a single wicket!!! Seriously, Imran has been made to look like an idiot. We expected so much from our bowlers who are faster than the Indian bowlers and what do tey do.....they bowl all over the place and what not! Over-confidence I bet. This pitch thingy is an excuse. No matter what or how the pitch is, a bowler should be able to pick wickets. Didnt Holding, Garner, Hadlee and even Imran do it? Didnt they achieve success on these kind of pitches? Its just that today's generation of bowlers is crap and our bowlers are so pathetic that they cannot pick a single wicket!!

jf1gp_1 said:
Not many who share the same thoughts like you do here. Yes i understand ppl are bound to support Pakistan its there team but being the pitch it is one still needs to apply himself.
you have a wrong impression about people here. i see guys here appreciate cricket from opposition too,unlike other sites.

inzidabest said:

Yeh he can be a good role model but Afridi just goes for the aereal route all the time whereas Sehwag doesnt. In time im sure he'll settle down, maybe when hes 40?

inzidabest said:
i wouldnt put any money on that one!!!! hes played international cricket for 10 yrz now.....i guess he doing A.ok in the entertainment bit.......rest we dont really care do we :)

UsmanCHADDA said:
I am sure our bowlers right now are bowling so pathetically that they will not even get a single wicket!!! Seriously, Imran has been made to look like an idiot. We expected so much from our bowlers who are faster than the Indian bowlers and what do tey do.....they bowl all over the place and what not! Over-confidence I bet. This pitch thingy is an excuse. No matter what or how the pitch is, a bowler should be able to pick wickets. Didnt Holding, Garner, Hadlee and even Imran do it? Didnt they achieve success on these kind of pitches? Its just that today's generation of bowlers is crap and our bowlers are so pathetic that they cannot pick a single wicket!!
i agree. the bowlers cud have done better.

A plead to all my Pakistani bros...
Guys let these Indian fans cheer as much as they want. like Shoaib said 'We will do the talking when the series is over', so no matter if the opening partnership is 350 or 400, or even 500... lets wait till the series is over

jf1gp_1 said:

Like I said, you are new here. Stay for a while and you will love this place for its rationale.

Back