Pakistan v New Zealand | 1st Test - Day 4 | Dunedin | 27/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sides look much stronger for the return of their world class bowlers.

Match poised pretty evenly I would say. All 3 results possible.

But I still think NZ will win this. Pakistan would have won if they could catch but they still might.

Random Aussie said:

But I still think NZ will win this. Pakistan would have won if they could catch but they still might.

We almost have all the wickets, its the batting collapse that worries me!

insaaniyat said:
Why blame him? Blame the selectors for selecting him and captain for playing him. He is having a bad game. But no need to abuse him. No one deserves that
Him and his father-in-law cry every time he gets dropped from the national team that injustice has been done to the poor angel.

He finally gets a chance (through nepotism) and drops about 5 dollies I believe.

Does not score any runs, and clearly used that review out of childish emotion.

Correct me if I am wrong, I remember it was Junaid Zia who was once picked for the national team through nepotism, but refused to play because it was obvious to him that he was just not good enough. Farhat had that choice, too.

But you're right. No one deserves abuse. He just needs to stay as far away from the team as possible. Even if he plays a match-winning innings tomorrow. He just doesn't deserve to be there.

Last edited:
Thats my biggest worry aswell. i hope and wish we can chase anything under 300 on the final day. if we get good opening start then we have a chance. i think if farhat clicks tomorow so we could very well be in the game to win it as farhat has more agressive style of playing. hope there is no rain tomorow and today aswell many overs got wasted

Wiji said:
Him and his father-in-law cry every time he gets dropped from the national team that injustice has been done to the poor angel.

He finally gets a chance (through nepotism) and drops about 5 dollies I believe.

Does not score any runs, and clearly used that review out of childish emotion.

Correct me if I am wrong, I remember it was Junaid Zia who was once picked for the national team through nepotism, but refused to play because it was obvious to him that he was just not good enough. Farhat had that choice, too.

But you're right. No one deserves abuse. He just needs to stay as far away from the team as possible. Even if he plays a match-winning innings tomorrow. He just doesn't deserve to be there.

If he single-handedly wins the test for us tomorrow (150 in 150 balls), I'll forgive him for his drops in this match. I don't think the others would be that forgiving though. It won't happen anyway.

As for the match chances its 45% Draw, 35% NZ, 20% Pak.

Random Aussie said:

so what are you saying? please make up your mind

The game is setup nicely
For Pakistan to win someone has to keep the innings together and score a brisk century like the one Akmal Jr. did in the 1st innings.

It is too much to expect Umar to score another ton so I think the other 2 possible players who have the potential to do that are Moyo and maybe Fawad. I am afraid to expect anything from the openers or Malik at this point.
Lets hope for the best.

Random Aussie said:

If it doesnt rain tomorrow draw isnt a possibility any more

two results possible

1-PAk wins(Insha allah its gonna be our eid gift)

2-Nz wins

Game is set up for a great final day. Pakistan dont want to be chasing any more than 270. Even 250 in these conditions is going to be tough!

I just hope pakistan use a postive attitude when they come out to bat tomorrow.

Hopefully will win this test.

Have to applaud Aamer and Asif for their excellent bowling efforts so far in this test match.

Amjid Javed said:
Have to applaud Aamer and Asif for their excellent bowling efforts so far in this test match.
Indeed!

Our bowlers must take 30 wickets per match where other countries take 20, thanks to our fielders.

Nice-N-Fresh said:
Indeed!

Our bowlers must take 30 wickets per match where other countries take 20, thanks to our fielders.
Totally agree, they have to work too much & one has to appreciate the patience level they don't get angry at there team mates like this;
<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sq1qrJCrugo&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sq1qrJCrugo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'm prepared for the worst tomorrow ........ Oh God , Please let my Eid be not ruined by our 2 Corriy Ka Batting-Line-up .

Given how costly his mistakes were...

if we lose this match, I think we can safely say that Imran Farhat single handedly won New Zealand the game.

If he had held onto his catches....we would have been chasing at least 120 or so runs less. Thanks Imy......I'd like to think you will make up for it in the 2nd innings by scoring some runs for once, but if I held my breath on that thought i'd probably die, so not going to do it.

iafzal said:
The game is setup nicely
For Pakistan to win someone has to keep the innings together and score a brisk century like the one Akmal Jr. did in the 1st innings.

It is too much to expect Umar to score another ton so I think the other 2 possible players who have the potential to do that are Moyo and maybe Fawad. I am afraid to expect anything from the openers or Malik at this point.
Lets hope for the best.
Malik is the prince of dead series, he wont score tomorrow,.

Hash said:
Given how costly his mistakes were...

if we lose this match, I think we can safely say that Imran Farhat single handedly won New Zealand the game.

If he had held onto his catches....we would have been chasing at least 120 or so runs less. Thanks Imy......I'd like to think you will make up for it in the 2nd innings by scoring some runs for once, but if I held my breath on that thought i'd probably die, so not going to do it.

Spot on.

haroonrasheed320 said:
Totally agree, they have to work too much & one has to appreciate the patience level they don't get angry at there team mates like this;
<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sq1qrJCrugo&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sq1qrJCrugo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Lols

First things first, gotta dismiss them quickly around the 250 mark. Then we go out and bat with belief and conviction. A few good partnerships, a couple of players making 50's and we can win this.

I hope to stay awake through the night to watch this final day.

My 4 wives will have to wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back