Pakistan vs New Zealand | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 6/11/09 | NZ innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHammad

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Still lots of time left in the match, but I really wanted to make this match thread.

I hope :yk wins the toss again and we bat first. And in this match I want to see opener, yk and umar make some runs.

Go Pakistan!!!!!!!!!!! :)
:pakflag2

Last edited:
Too early to open the match thread Hammad. Wait for atleast when there're 3 hours left until the game starts, then create the thread.

Anyways, I hope NZ win the toss and bat first.. just to see Pakistan bundle them up for 100 odd and for them to chase down the target in quick time :D

Shoaib Malik
Khalid Latif
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Umar Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Abdul Razzaq
Mohammad Aamer
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal

There is 8 hours left til the match - too early. Thread will be open closer to the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pak VS New Zealand 2nd ODI

asslam o alikum

Pakistan has the Golden Oppurtunity to win a oneday series after a very long time. Let us hope that Pakistan wont collpase in today's match.

what are ur opinion about the team for Pakistan today.....? i mean should there be any changes in the playing eleven of First ODI?

I would make one change, anyone for Salman Butt. Other than that it should be a good run for the team again. NZ must have done their homework to say the least.

from cricinfo:
Hello and a warm welcome to the second ODI between Pakistan and New Zealand. Pakistan haven't won a Test series in three years and an ODI series for a year. Can they do the job today? or will Vettori's men bounce back?

We're bowling having lost the toss. Umar Akmal dropped, Malik in his place.

Toss: Vettori has chosen to bat. "We want to replicate what Pakistan did last time and give us a good chance. Shane Bond showed that early on if you put pressure, you can take wickets. Mills is back, its good to have him back. I think the spinners play huge role in ODI, and even Twenty20 games."

Younis Khan: "It's a good chance for Pakistan. The bounce is consistent; its a good ODI wicket. If we can chase something around 250, it will be very easy for us."

Umar akmal should not have been dropped. i think he should have been promoted to bat up the order. 1 down or 2 down.

so far not a good start for the day for Pakistan, without umar akmal and also lost the toss.
It wont be very easy to chase under lights

Younis has lost his mind as of late first he drops Malik (the best batsmen in the champions trophy), then drops Umar Akmal (the best young player in Pakistan)

younis should drop himself being the worst batsman in the lineup..... one who does not deserve a place in the team has been made the captain. his English is not good either, so i dont know y is he in the team?

muhammad.kamran said:
younis should drop himself being the worst batsman in the lineup..... one who does not deserve a place in the team has been made the captain. his English is not good either, so i dont know y is he in the team?
LoL

muhammad.kamran said:

i mean he has to speak in the presentation ceremony after every match, so if his English was good then it might be one -- not a convincing one thpugh -- to be the captain of the team.

New Zealand have won the toss and have elected to bat

Here are the teams:

New Zealand team
AJ Redmond, BB McCullum†, MJ Guptill, LRPL Taylor, SB Styris, NT Broom, DL Vettori*, JDP Oram, TG Southee, KD Mills, SE Bond

Pakistan team
Salman Butt, Khalid Latif, Younis Khan*, Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal†, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Saeed Ajmal

Malik is in for Umar Akmal , controversial!

Another super opening spell by Aamer should go a long way in securing another win for Team PAK.

What is Butt doing in the slips. Not only he should not be in the team he is standing in the slips???? Atleast whenMisbah was in the team, he held on to catches in the slip.

If idea of resting Umer cant make sense to Ramiz, make up your minds folks.

Afridi_Fan said:
It's true. People like YK, MoYO, and other "seniors" should be rested. Not 19 year olds who need all the experience they can get.

Ramiz frustrated with Umar Akmal's exclusion.

Akmal's stats 10 matches 49+ Avg. WHAT ARE U BLIND YK?????

Hussam: "Can you tell me why Umar Akmal is left out? Surely you can't axe a guy after one failure. This is very damaging." Well. Younis at the toss said it was part of the rotation policy. Make what you want of it.
so true !!!

Afridi_Fan said:

You could compile an encyclopaedia on what doesn't make sense to Rambo
But seriously though it could be for a number of reasons why he was been "rested". It could be for disciplinary reasons , or some embarrassing medical condition ( :akhtar ) .

Why do they get these easy singles man!!! where is the fing energy in the field!

Seen Sheen said:
What has happened to Razzi..Very weak arm there..
He was going away from the stumps and was off balance. The angle was a tough one because he had no time to set his feet before throwing.

Dread-Mond tried to be agressive and hence paid the price..give respect to our top bowler..

4 - poor delievery!

he needs to come closer to the stumps. Can't believe no one has had a word about it with him. Do something Waqar, you have seen him from tht commentary box. go and have a word with him

Akmal got his 2 rupees shades on again that he got from anarkali

Good job razzaq was not at mid off after that clanger in the world cup against tendu

Vegitto1 said:
4 - poor delievery!

he needs to come closer to the stumps. Can't believe no one has had a word about it with him. Do something Waqar, you have seen him from tht commentary box. go and have a word with him
It was mentioned in the last match by either Rameez or Waqar and said these changes could be made later. Trying to fine tune a young player could affect their run up and bowling action.

Inswinger said:
It was mentioned in the last match by either Rameez or Waqar and said these changes could be made later. Trying to fine tune a young player could affect their run up and bowling action.

not really, all he had do do is move a step to the left. and run in from the same length and all. just move a bit to the side.

Only takes 4/5 hours in the nets to get used to it. I think he is afraid of hitting into the umpire. I had the same issue, just ask the umpire to stand futher back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back