"I declare that I am available to be considered for the upcoming T20I World Cup": Mohammad Amir

Is Mohammad Amir's return from retirement in Pakistan's best interest?

• Total voters
Lol.

What a circus.

I was an Amir fan but in 2024, he’s completely washed out.

If the decision makers have made their decision though, he’s coming back.

One can only hope that he can pull off some magic at least in his 3 of 4 overs and take wickets upfront.

Shaheen Afridi has completely failed as a bowler in the last couple of years, does not even take wickets in his first two overs - the only thing he was good at.

LOL. I was expecting this.

Keeping him as a person aside though, I think he could be a valuable addition to the T20 team. He still has alot of guile and smarts when it comes to bowling in T20s. I think Shaheen, Naseem and Amir is a very good T20 pace attack.

It is important that with Imad and Amir back that the selectors realise how to get the best out of them

A team lead by Babar or any of his gang of three will make zero difference. What we need now is a man manger who can utilise their talents to the best of their abilities. Although I was content leaving Saifi out of the world T20 team, with his two lieutenants back it is essential that the general who leads them best gets the chance to take a very good looking Pakistan team forward.

A team lead by Saifi and commanded by troops like Imad and Amir can easily win us the cup this year. Combine their experience with the youth and skills of guys like Saim, Omair, Azam, Hasnain and Abrar and we have a team which can match the glory of 2017-2019

He’s not effective as your prime bowler anymore but you give him 4 overs and he has the support of Naseem Shah, Shaheen, Haris and Imad/Shadab; that becomes a lethal bowling attack with valuable T20 experience to their names.

I’m not a fan of Amir as a person but for the best interest of Pak cricket - let’s bring him back.

He may not be the same bowler, but his experience of the conditions in the Windies and his intelligence as a bowler will be a great asset.

Definitely worth having in the team!

He may not be the same bowler, but his experience of the conditions in the Windies and his intelligence as a bowler will be a great asset.

thing with amir is after getting smashed he will come with another plan where as shaheen is only effective in the first 2 overs and harris and wasim jnr are totally brainless, the only other smart bowler we have is naseem shah regardless of conditions amir will be handy anywhere in the world

thing with amir is after getting smashed he will come with another plan where as shaheen is only effective in the first 2 overs and harris and wasim jnr are totally brainless, the only other smart bowler we have is naseem shah regardless of conditions amir will be handy anywhere in the world
Exactly.

Very rare to have a bowler in Pak with some intelligence.

Finally Amir has come out of retirement, but only for T20Is lol

Well he's only needed for one competition, that's the T20 World Cup.

Is he going to win it single-handedly? No

Is he still one of Pakistan's best pace bowlers? From what I've seen in the PSL, he's not fantastic any more, but yes he's still miles better than the Wasim Jrs or Haris Raufs.

Only a matter of time now,

Usman Khan will also be a part of Pakistan cricket.

Oh it’s true
It’s damn true!

If Pakistan can actually pick the best players who could technically have played for Pakistan, they would make a pretty formidable team in the World Cup.

It is important that with Imad and Amir back that the selectors realise how to get the best out of them

A team lead by Babar or any of his gang of three will make zero difference. What we need now is a man manger who can utilise their talents to the best of their abilities. Although I was content leaving Saifi out of the world T20 team, with his two lieutenants back it is essential that the general who leads them best gets the chance to take a very good looking Pakistan team forward.

A team lead by Saifi and commanded by troops like Imad and Amir can easily win us the cup this year. Combine their experience with the youth and skills of guys like Saim, Omair, Azam, Hasnain and Abrar and we have a team which can match the glory of 2017-2019
I think you are trying to create a narrative that does not exist. You need to move on instead of being stuck in the past. Imad and Amir are temporary fixes at best. They are not long-term options in any sense of the word. Sarfraz would be lucky to hold on to his side in the test spot at this point of his career.

Babar and Rizwan are the now whether you like it or not. And of the names you mentioned, only Saim and Abrar look like any kind of potential future stars.

It's an odd way of saying he's back from retirement. Or is he still retired and will be considered an active player during the window of WT20 only?

rizwan
saim
babar
fakhar
iftikar
shadab
imad
shaheen
amir
naseem
abrar

haris rauf/mohd haris/usama mir

Yep, and competition for places is never a bad thing. Think Shaheen and Rauf started believing their own hype a bit too much recently.

In fairness to Shaheen, he's already shown more maturity as a leader than Babar by pushing for the returns of Imad and Amir.

Leadership isn't about surrounding yourself with yesmen. It's leaving personal sentiments aside and selecting the best team even if you may not see eye to eye with certain individuals.

And Shaheen as a young captain needs experienced lieutenants at the World Cup.

It's time for all players to put any differences aside, gel together, and focus on one goal -- bringing the World Cup home.

It's hard for Pakistanis to do that, but it's required for the next 4 months, even if it's temporarily.

Skillwise, he does deserve a place in Pakistan T20 team. Attitude wise, not sure. There are individuals who can demotivate others with their negative energy, he looks like that kind of person to me.

Love him or hate him he can still be an asset if he wont take wickets he can still be economical and can bat a bit too I wouldnt mind seeing him in the world cup squad. After Babar Azam stepping down from Captain and PSL finishing players are coming out of retriement

Next to make him self available for national team is Shahid Afridi haha on a serious note good to see Amir and Imad available for selection

Skillwise, he does deserve a place in Pakistan T20 team. Attitude wise, not sure. There are individuals who can demotivate others with their negative energy, he looks like that kind of person to me.
Attitude wise?

What about human element wise? People having altering personalities? If he has a poor attitude, why is he hired by franchises around the world and also retained by them year in year out?

This will potentially mean that Haris Rauf will be kicked out of the squad, so I am Ok with it.

We need all players available for contention.

Amir seemed to have lost his zip a couple of years ago but still looks like a good bowler in franchise cricket.

What he hasn't lost is his guile and intelligence. That's something that most of our current lot don't have.

It's good to see him back in contention.

Get out of your dream and delusions

Attitude wise?

What about human element wise? People having altering personalities? If he has a poor attitude, why is he hired by franchises around the world and also retained by them year in year out?
They'll make a story on how imad bullies people to let him into the team in franchise.

This guy seems so butthurt with the recent developments

Oh bhai, we’ve done the Misbah ul Haq route of picking people from within Pakistan’s domestic roster for 3-4 years since these two players retired or where not in contention. We’ve seen the results at the international stage and a lot of hypocrisy by the previous management

-Bowlers struggling to bowl less than 10 an over
-Bowlers struggling to hit proper lines, lengths consistently
-hypocritical stance when it comes to allowing Shadab never to play domestic but is allowed to play nearly every other league
-T20 openers consistently botching the powerplay

We have seen enough of this nonsense, quite frankly we are all sick and tired of it!

They'll make a story on how imad bullies people to let him into the team in franchise.
Imad and Amir have links with the Bombay underworld who have been sending their gang members to franchise owners around the world ensuring they play leagues on a consistent basis

It's a sad indictment on Pakistan and Pakistan Cricket that they would be prepared to go back to a player who made his debut in 2009....

Wonder how many of the 2009 World Cup winning team are still playing today?

Shoiab Malik?
I think he’s in the 25 to go to the army camp as reported

This is a bit of a problem now.

Shadab was pencilled in to bat at 4. Now you have Usman Khan and Malik also

If Usman bats at 3 (because Rizwan was ensuring his own opening spot is protected), then where does he bat?

I think he’s in the 25 to go to the army camp as reported

This is a bit of a problem now.

Shadab was pencilled in to bat at 4. Now you have Usman Khan and Malik also

If Usman bats at 3 (because Rizwan was ensuring his own opening spot is protected), then where does he bat?
Do you care about Pakistan Cricket?
I've heard this argument that those advocating for Imad/Amir etc are the proper fans

Please tell me you that agree that this is absolutely diabolical?

I've heard this argument that those advocating for Imad/Amir etc are the proper fans

Heres the thing

Imad > Nawaz, if you want imad gone then find someone better at the no 7 allrounder position because nawaz and shadab are terrible.

Amir > Hasan ali/ Rauf, if Mohammad Ali gets selected based of psl form and the other is shaheen, who else besides Amir would you select?

It's a sad indictment on Pakistan and Pakistan Cricket that they would be prepared to go back to a player who made his debut in 2009....

Rohit Sharma who won the 2007 T20 World Cup with India is still playing for them.

Why do Pak players retire and unretire so often? What even is the point of retirement then? Call for sympathy?

Amir is a good bet for the WC but it was premature to announce retirement so early. This kind of circus is seldom seen in other countries.

It's time for all players to put any differences aside, gel together, and focus on one goal -- bringing the World Cup home.

It's hard for Pakistanis to do that, but it's required for the next 4 months, even if it's temporarily.
EXACTLY

but i dont see that coming from bobsy and rizzu they have to much ME in them

No one is advocating just two specific individuals. They advocate for the true intention to represent Pakistan, which was clearly missing under Babar’s selfish reign in which a few of his close ally’s latched on to him to further their own personal gains as well.

The advocation of Amir and Imad is advocating for two individuals that challenged this corrupt approach by Babar, supported by Rizwan, Shadab, Shaheen and even Iftikhar and Khushdil to some extent.

I would have the same stance if the two or three people where not Amir, Imad or Malik.

Not a greatest fan of Amir but Pakistan cricket is in a dire state at the moment. To pick a bowling attack from Shaheen, Naseem, Amir, Shadab, Imad, Haris, Mo Wasim and Zaman will be give the captain (whoever that'll be) a lot of options.

The fact Amir can bat and is a decent fielder will add to the team. Differences aside, Pakistan have to try a win a World Cup in their best format.

No one is advocating just two specific individuals. They advocate for the true intention to represent Pakistan, which was clearly missing under Babar’s selfish reign in which a few of his close ally’s latched on to him to further their own personal gains as well.

The advocation of Amir and Imad is advocating for two individuals that challenged this corrupt approach by Babar, supported by Rizwan, Shadab, Shaheen and even Iftikhar and Khushdil to some extent.

I would have the same stance if the two or three people where not Amir, Imad or Malik.
But you're missing the point.

It's was never ever about Babar's selfish reign. The root problem is not Babar, Rizwan or any of the players...

If you care about Pakistan Cricket so much then you should be horrified by what's going on, not just during Babar's reign but also what's happening now.

Heres the thing

Imad > Nawaz, if you want imad gone then find someone better at the no 7 allrounder position because nawaz and shadab are terrible.

Amir > Hasan ali/ Rauf, if Mohammad Ali gets selected based of psl form and the other is shaheen, who else besides Amir would you select?
I already have a team in my mind that can win get us to the semi's. Thereafter it's a toss of the coin, or team having a good/bad day etc...

I can assure you it's a team that involves Imad but not Amir..

The thing about Mo Amir, he is someone that has shown again and again, in the big moment, the bigger stage, he will give his best effort and level. I feel he can bring you 4 quality overs, although with Shaheen, Naseem he may not even be needed to give all his 4 overs. We need a few good balls, wicket taking balls or a few overs that apply pressure.

3 man rotation of Shaheen, Naseem and Mo Amir has to be up their with the best. Now the next thing is the spin. Imad? Abrar? Usama? Mumtaz? Any of these guys going to perform consistently if picked? We need a good 10 overs of spin bowling to make this work.

I already have a team in my mind that can win get us to the semi's. Thereafter it's a toss of the coin, or team having a good/bad day etc...

I can assure you it's a team that involves Imad but not Amir..
I know exactly who wasn’t horrified then (under Babar) and is horrified now.

I’ve done my years which felt like a sentence watching Pakistani players becoming selfish to the core under Babar. I’ve been screaming for the past 4 years out of genuine sincerity for this team. If I am rejoicing now, I am rejoicing out of sincerity too.

I know exactly who wasn’t horrified then (under Babar) and is horrified now.

I’ve done my years which felt like a sentence watching Pakistani players becoming selfish to the core under Babar. I’ve been screaming for the past 4 years out of genuine sincerity for this team. If I am rejoicing now, I am rejoicing out of sincerity too.
Lol
Go to any match threads or threads about Babar's captaincy and you'll see how critical I have been of his captaincy

Good for Pakistan they have a big pool to choose, but this also result in groupism with the retirement wing like Imad Amir & Malik cooking things up, not sure with all these veterans and SSA as a fragile bowler is ideal for captaincy what would be the playing XI things may get interesting if Ahmed Shehzad and Umer Akmal are also picked.

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Usman
Iftikhar
Imad
Shadab
WasimJr
SSA
Amir
Naseem

Amir, Shaheen and Naseem is a lethal trio which means Rauf or Wasim jr on the bench.

Imad, Shadab, Saim, Ifti, Salman Ali can bowl the remaining 8 between them.

Play all 4

Naseem, Amir, Shaheen and Rauf

I don’t mind Rauf bowling as long as it is limited to a burst of 1-2 overs where he goes full throttle at 150+

Add Shadab, Imad and Saim bowling then we are looking in good shape.

So play this team:

1. Saud
2. Saim
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Iftikhar
6. Imad
7. Shadab
8. Shaheen
9. Amir
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

All set to win it come July!! 😍😍😍

Play all 4

I don’t mind Rauf bowling as long as it is limited to a burst of 1-2 overs where he goes full throttle at 150+

So play this team:

1. Saud
2. Saim
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Iftikhar
6. Imad
7. Shadab
8. Shaheen
9. Amir
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

with the inclusion of both Amir and Imad into the playing 11 i dont see rauf can get his place.

Kohli, Rohit and Ravi Jadeja are still playing T20’s..

Amir is better than trundler Shaheen and spray gun Rauf.

I don’t think Pakistan will drop them for Amir.

Next will be Malik
Play all 4

So play this team:

1. Saud
2. Saim
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Iftikhar
6. Imad
7. Shadab
8. Shaheen
9. Amir
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

I'd like to see Abrar in there as well. Pitches in the Windies favor spinners, so for the matches there, Rauf or Amir could be dropped.

Also, I think Shaheen, Naseem, Amir and Imad are better with the new ball (in general). Who would you have open the bowling

Amir is better than trundler Shaheen and spray gun Rauf.

I don’t think Pakistan will drop them for Amir.

Rauf should not be an automatic pick. His T20 form has been horrible of late. Also, he is not 100% fit

Imad needed someone to light up his cigarettes... Who better than Aamir?

Honestly, if Usman Khan is selected for Pakistan I wouldn't even play Rizwan in the xi. Let Saim and Fakhar open with Babar and Usman at 3 and 4.

No need for Rizwan 70 of 50 at the top.
if we could get usman that would be excellent but i believe he's not interested in representing Pakistan

I see people hyping Usman Khan unnecessarily. Don't think he will come good at international level.

Back