Pakistan v New Zealand | 3rd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 9/11/09 | Pak inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We SHOULD be able to make this target, but this is one of those very tricky ones, one of those targets in between, the one you can't really judge.

I get bad memories of the Pakistan collapse that occured in the Aus-Pak series when they collapsed chasing 190 odd :(

We need a solid opening stand. Great opportunity for YK to get some runs.

This is the test of mental toughness. If we can avoid a batting collapse here, that will be one coming of age.

I hope we don't need an Afridi special.
I hope we get to see an Afridi special.

Reina: "OK, I'm a fan of New Zealand, and my love for SuperDan Vettori glows with the brilliance of a thousand suns, but this batting display has been as limp as wet celery. They're not great at playing spin, but they can do it, only none of them except McCullum and maybe Guptill have been picking the bowlers at all. Like, not remotely. I give Ross Taylor a bit of a pass for wanting to be cautious after two ducks in a row, but really. Extremely unimpressive. "

:)))

Oh god, my fear of a collapse increases every second.. :/

Afridi scored a 100 in his own way, and that will make my day.

I don't think Shoaib Malik has played to his potential with the bat in recent times , except for the India game in the champions trophy. But when he does play , he is a useful 6th bowler and it takes a lot of pressure of the captain and the bowlers.

Today, Razzaq only bowled 3 and Shoaib mopped up the rest.

Having a second all rounder in the team is really important to a a team like Pakistan which relies on it's bowling as our batting is relatively weaker than other nations.

I think still 20 mins to go...hoping for a good quick start from Latif and SB

Promote Umar Akmal ahead of Malik and our lower order line should be :-afridi ,Kamran Akmal and Razzak ....

Younus khan is playing but not playing hehehe

Momo said:
Only thoroughbred Afridi enthusiasts can understand these deeply complex and conflicting emotions.

That is so true, no one else could have understood you earlier post about an Afridi special. :afridi

younis should play at no 4 or 5, from play I mean he should walk in and walk out at no 5.

Ayyub said:
Promote Umar Akmal ahead of Malik and our lower order line should be :-afridi ,Kamran Akmal and Razzak ....

Younus khan is playing but not playing hehehe
yeah..he is kindda eating up the place of another gud batsmen...his batting has been quite useless...i hope he proves me wrong today

Dont Zee Cinema show any mid-inngs highlights; chat; comments etc?

Whats this garbage they are showing!

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
I think still 20 mins to go...hoping for a good quick start from Latif and SB

i m fan of Khalid Latif he is classic player to watch just like salman butt and according to me its our best ODI opening pair to continue for longer period ..

ODI :-Khalid Latif And Salman Butt
TEST :- Khurram Manzoor And Imran Farhat
T-20 :-Imran Farhat And Imran Nazir

what say guys give them atleast 6 Test match to open and 12 ODI Matches to open in next 1 Year what say guys :yk

Afridi_Fan said:
That is so true, no one else could have understood you earlier post about an Afridi special. :afridi
But the good news is that those enthusiasts are increasing steadily (they can't help it). Not that Afridi particularly cares. :afridi

cricket_fever said:
yeah..he is kindda eating up the place of another gud batsmen...his batting has been quite useless...i hope he proves me wrong today

then promote razzak to No:-3 if we gets good start and if we not get good start then Younus khan should come No:-3

Momo said:
But the good news is that those enthusiasts are increasing steadily (they can't help it). Not that Afridi particularly cares. :afridi

i m missing :shahzaib mini shahid afridi

Oxy said:

They had an advertisement on during the game about some women getting overly excited about some atta.

Oxy said:

kia dikhara hain

Do not expect a good-ish start today. And good by our standard is 40 odd runs :p

But hope I'm wrong!

kamranO said:
I ask him what they are showing ????

Bollywood rubbish basically.

I'm watching ESPN Classic now - but would like to have seen a bit of analysis etc

Oh, it's that very lame ad with a girl along with some other dancers dancing with a very lame song to promote their atta, right?

Wow that ad is SO retarded.

Momo said:

Soon the enthusiasts will soon be rolling the PP as their Star will rule the Cricket Grounds like he has done in the past. :afridi

Oxy said:

How does it compare with ARY's coverage?

Oxy said:
Bollywood rubbish basically.

I'm watching ESPN Classic now - but would like to have seen a bit of analysis etc

thats why we need a true sport channel for cricket only and no advertisement also Specially for pakistan

Can start with True Sport
True Cricket

Good name hehehe

Last edited:
All the best to Pakistan. Certainly won't be an easy chase as we all know how mentally weak they are, and how they panic as soon as a single wicket falls, but then again it doesn't happen everyday. They SHOULD achieve the target and win the series but it won't be a walk in the park by any means either.

Ayyub said:
maybe something interesting hehe thats why he didt reply back :)

ahahah you are going which way heheheh i get your point hehehh whats the age of oxy May be middle aged .ahhan thats why rubbish unka zamana gaya

Last edited:
Openers to do alright, Younis to fail again. Middle order of Malik, Umar, and the Shahid to lead us to victory.

Momo said:
Only thoroughbred Afridi enthusiasts can understand these deeply complex and conflicting emotions.

Having both from the same country ( ie Nippon) helps...

Think we'll win by 7 wickets, but we could just as easily be all out 135.

That is what is going to keep me glued to my TV. That and a certain Afridi (Shahid, PK).

cricket_fever said:
dont say that! what if this was a "qubooliat ki ghari"?

ok sry still fact is fact he is out of form :(

Oxy has suggested these before so as a reminder for banners
http://i36.tinypic.com/2wno41g.jpg
Well they didn't call Toney, Tooney
I was fortunate today that in 30 minutes I watched I saw the above and on the big screen a statement which looked like "Good Nut"

WHOA!! Our openers scored 1 run in the first over...damn they are on fire today for a change.

This target is going to become difficult, if the ball starts swinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back