Pakistan v New Zealand | 1st Test - Day 4 | Dunedin | 27/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy got it wrong big time.

This technology thing is going to expose these useless umpires I tell you.

In essence NZ 6/212. If we can keep them to around 250, we will be well and truly in the box seat.

Damnit, rain go away. Asif was bowling great.

And commentators speculating about the wrong decision made. (the no ball)

Now I thought that if you're foot is raised behind the line it's a no ball but apparently it doesn't matter if the foot is up or down as long as some part is behind the line.

Moral of the story: Grant Elliot was out. Doctrove and Koertzen are, and I quote Stewie Griffin, ''douche bags''.

First time in the series,NZ Commentators talking some sense,they are saying that it was a legitimate delivery and 3rd umg.made a wrong decision..

kingusama92 said:
Doull is adamant that it's not a no-ball.

He has a point that Asif's foot landed and then slid. It's so close.

The rule is that the foot or some part of it has to land behind the line, which it clear does in this case, and it can slide forward after landing...

As a result it was not a no ball...

kingusama92 said:
Cause Asif is the one who bowled the illegal delivery.

It's a rule that's always been in place ever since this technology came into place and I think it's fair. Why shouldn't your review be revoked if you stepped over the line?

Thats because if the umpire did the job, the team would not waste the review! The review involves the team claiming they've got the player out, which was true in this case. The team or bowler has no way of knowing whether he has bowled a no ball or not. If its a no ball, dont give it out, but dont count the review.

Now even the commentators concede that it wasn't a conclusive no ball.

Juggernaut said:
Now I thought that if you're foot is raised behind the line it's a no ball but apparently it doesn't matter if the foot is up or down as long as some part is behind the line.

Moral of the story: Grant Elliot was out. Doctrove and Koertzen are, and I quote Stewie Griffin, ''douche bags''.

Tbh I would rather have McCullum back in the hutch than Elliot.

One thing has been confirmed without a shadow of the doubt...Rudi is a cheat and more so when he can't even make the decision with all the evidence right in his face...

Umpires getting exposed big time.

First Doctrove was wrong on the first challenge.

Then, on the second challenge, if he didn't think it was a no ball, it should have been out.

Finally, Rudi gets it wrong with the no-ball call, according to the commentators who checked the rulebook.

Poison said:
Tbh I would rather have McCullum back in the hutch than Elliot.

Why be mutually exclusive...why not both in the hut...which in this case would have very well happened...

I think you guys are being too harsh on Rudi here...on first look it looked like a no-ball. The person who should be blamed is Doctrove. He didn't see the no-ball at first, and then missed the PLUMB LBW. He failed on both counts as an umpire.

Rudi I want to say this to you.

#$%^&*&(&%^&*%^*&(^%#$%^&^$%$&*(*&%$^&(^%#$%$%&*(^#$%^*&^%$#

Translate it yourself.

harisj said:
Thats because if the umpire did the job, the team would not waste the review! The review involves the team claiming they've got the player out, which was true in this case. The team or bowler has no way of knowing whether he has bowled a no ball or not. If its a no ball, dont give it out, but dont count the review.

Now even the commentators concede that it wasn't a conclusive no ball.

exactly!

we should still be having both reviews intact.

Poison said:
I think you guys are being too harsh on Rudi here...on first look it looked like a no-ball. The person who should be blamed is Doctrove. He didn't see the no-ball at first, and then missed the PLUMB LBW. He failed on both counts as an umpire.
Rudi what the freakin befit of the replays!!! Doctrove had to make the call instantly. All blame is on Rudi.

Poison said:

the thing is why didnt the 3rd umpire viewed the noball with that focused camera view?
if he had done that, it would have become clear to him

Poison said:

No, the foot on landing was partially behind the line, so it was definitely a legitimate delivery.

These two are the last recognised pair. Get one of them and let's clean up the tail.

Poison said:

Person who should be blamed is Asif for not marking out his run up so he lands with at least half his foot behind the line, that and Doctrove for being utterly useless but we already knew about him.

Yeah but he's the bloody third umpire. He get's a closer look at it. He must have seen Asif's foot behind the line.

To be honest I don't think he was fully aware of the no ball rule.

Poison said:

Rudi clearly is unaware of the rules its fairly obvious the foot landed behind the line and the law about front foot no-balls was clarified by the commentators for anyone who was unsure of the law

Big Mac said:
Person who should be blamed is Asif for not marking out his run up so he lands with at least half his foot behind the line, that and Doctrove for being utterly useless but we already knew about him.

No $h!+, I am surprised you didn't blame Asif's mother for giving birth to him...

Big Mac said:

Haha

You're not funny :45:

Big Mac said:
edit

Guys missed the sessions is it the wicket still flat or is it playing tricks

I'm quite sure the wicket is still very flat, we've just bowled well and they've gone into their shell. This is a good test match :aamir :asif

Big Mac said:

:))) :))) :))) :)))

Poison said:
are you alright?it seems that Rudi isnt even aware of cricket laws.!

kingusama92 said:
Doull is adamant that it's not a no-ball.

He has a point that Asif's foot landed and then slid. It's so close.

So you admit you were wrong when you claimed it was a no-ball.

There is definitely some foot behind the line and rule was clarified by the commentators. Where is the doubt now?

These nincompoops have nothing better to do than screw Pakistan at every opportunity.

Imy said:
Guys missed the sessions is it the wicket still flat or is it playing tricks

It's not doing a lot for the bowler's. It's reversing a little bit.

The simple fact is that the bowler's have just bowled really well. Hit the right area's, kept it tight and kept up the pressure.

Cheguvera said:
No $h!+, I am surprised you didn't blame Asif's mother for giving birth to him...

He will probably do that in a couple of minutes. Come on Mac.

abdulqadir786 said:
is it still raining
No way to tell. Cricinfo is relying on the TV broadcast for the commentary because they have no one at the ground. So we'll only be able to tell when the coverage resumes after tea.

Time for scenarios. Right now the lead is 212. What is the largest score we can realistically score and in what amount of overs?

Inswinger said:
No way to tell. Cricinfo is relying on the TV broadcast for the commentary because they have no one at the ground. So we'll only be able to tell when the coverage resumes after tea.

that is pathetic on the end of cricinfo..

the covers are still on....but its only drops of rain... nothin heavy with what little i could see there behind the scorecard

gollumbird said:
Time for scenarios. Right now the lead is 212. What is the largest score we can realistically score and in what amount of overs?
275 in 90 overs.

imshally81 said:
noooooooooo :)

yeahhhh! so play should start momentarily Inshallah!!!

:moyo doing dua right now! Inshallah we got this! just need to get those last four wickets in quick succession!

slix10 said:
275 in 90 overs.

If we can bowl them out today or before lunch tomorow, I think chasing abou 250 in 65 overs is not impossible. It depends on our mindset though.

We're back after tea but the news isn't good for the moment. The covers are still on but it isn't raining very heavily.

We're back after tea but the news isn't good for the moment. The covers are still on but it isn't raining very heavily.

ajk88 said:

If you watch the broadcast, they're about to take the covers off, thats how light the rain is.

But the question now is that will MoYo use his fast bowlers after the rain? He certainly doesn't want them to get injured and we have witnessed that he isn't willing to play under wet conditions

Afridi_Fan said:
He will probably do that in a couple of minutes. Come on Mac.

Never met the lady, wouldn't want to pass comment.

Cry all you want but given the history of our bowlers overstepping at inopportune times you'd think they'd learn eventually. It's just laziness and indiscipline, only takes a minute to mark out your run up properly in practice but acting like a professional has proved to be beyond our players forever.

Big Mac said:
Never met the lady, wouldn't want to pass comment.

Cry all you want but given the history of our bowlers overstepping at inopportune times you'd think they'd learn eventually. It's just laziness and indiscipline, only takes a minute to mark out your run up properly in practice but acting like a professional has proved to be beyond our players forever.

He didn't over step Mac. That was the whole point of the argument :40:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back